• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Xar.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • So goths of old, get your tickets?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Standing tix in London for me & Mrs Feet 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Having seen Southern Death Cult at the Warehouse in Leeds, Death Cult at the Dortmunder in Leeds and The Cult at Leeds Uni, all in the early 80’s, I think this would be a massive disappointment. I prefer to remember them as it was back in their day.

nick3216
    Free Member

Oh, I don’t know. The Black Sheep album graced my commute home tonight and it rocks.

Coyote
    Free Member

Dreamtime = Fantastic album that still stands up today

Love = Pretty good alternative rock type stuff

Electric onwards = shite

The Mission I have very fond memories of. “Serpents Kiss” and “Like a Hurricane” feature heavily on my playlists.

Killing Joke are beyond reproach. Their music is timeless and is as relevant now as it is was “then”.

However… a tour? Of the three I would *possibly* see Killing Joke as their music transends genres but a 50 y/o Ian Astbury belting out “She Sells Sanctuary”?

Coyote
    Free Member

Oh, Killing Joke 3rd on the bill???

I don’t think so!

john_drummer
    Free Member

would that I could afford £100+ on a night out for two. granted it is good value – The Cult on their own were £35 at Leeds O2 last year – but it’s too rich for my blood

tazzymtb

ian astbury is right little tubster. You can never go back, rather than a sea of dry ice with huge hairstyles and crimpage, it’ll just be old gits with no hair wondering where it all went so wrong

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

ian astbury is right little tubster. You can never go back,

He was a first class £w@t back then, according to most goths in Bradford at the time.

john_drummer
    Free Member

yep. I understand he was “advised” to leave town & not come back after saying something really very very nasty about Stuart Morrow’s mum. allegedly.

john_drummer
    Free Member

and another thing…

I thought Wayne had broken The Mission up after the God Is A Bullet tour.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

a not to be missed cash cow for all of them I guess

MrTall
    Free Member

The Cult at the NEC was my first ever concert on the Sonic Temple tour 1987. My ears were ringing for days, ace concert. Saw the Mission there a year or two later as well (and then Sisters of Mercy, Jesus & Mary Chain and the Cure).

Loved them all but not sure i’d want to see tham all now that they’re getting on a bit to say the least (except the Cure who i’d happily go and see for a 6th time).

john_drummer
    Free Member

New Model Army still put on a good show, and usually for < £20.

New album coming soon, when they’ve managed to get a replacement for Nelson on bass…

TheSanityAssassin

…and some new instruments following the fire!

tazzymtb

The nephilim were always good live, although to be honest with that much dry ice and smoke they could have just pressed play on tape machine and spent an hour drinking tea backstage and we’d have been none the wiser 😀

andrewy

]The nephilim were always good live, although to be honest with that much dry ice and smoke they could have just pressed play on tape machine and spent an hour drinking tea backstage and we’d have been none the wiser

‘this true, I went to see them, but don’t rember actually seeing much of them at all. 🙂

zippykona

Does wembley arena have seats.?
    You can’t see a band sitting down.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Saw NMA just before Xmas, still a cracking show after all those years and the music still got me.

One thing i did notice though, how much cleaner everyone looked – and how much more attractive the women were now they are washed! 😆

zippykona

I would say Tool were the worst band to”see”. They stood in darkness while they played videos behind them .
    Hated it, as Maynard was always such a visual performer.
    Absolutely worshipped the Neffies though.

Digby

Saw the Mission play in Leeds last year for their 25th anniversary ‘bash’ with The Wonderstuff & Salvation supporting:

Salvation were great, The Wonderstuff were very enjoyable, but I’d forgotten how much Wayne wanted to be Bono. Hinkler looked bored but Craig Adams seemed to be enjoying himself.

Tempted to go and watch Killing Joke though – I was listening to ‘Pssyche (Malicious Single)’ on my iPod whilst running this morning – nothing like a bit of ’80’s paranoia, bile, vitriol and angst! 🙂

Xar
    Free Member

Manchester for me.

Saw Mish’s 25th anniversary gig at leeds last year was a little disappointed. Nowhere near as good as the farewll tour when they did the 4 nighter.

Killing Joke last time i saw were a little poor but i believe we got the off night of the tour.

Haven’t seen the cult in long time.

Should be an interesting night.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘So goths of old, get your tickets?’ is closed to new replies.