Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • so, flat pedals…
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

does anywhere actually have any stock of nano type flats (other than superstar)? people on here always seem to recommend various flavours of them (exotic/CC, ready to ride, kona wahwah etc) but they’re out of stock at all of those regular ones. anyone know anything else please?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have some Blackspire Magnesiums. Cheap enough and a really nice profile. Seem to be holding up well so far.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

for the money they cost, i think i’d rather get DMR vaults tbh.
    but yeah, i’m hoping to not go over 40 quid or so, and also want something with a thinner profile/bigger platform than my current V8s (i.e. a nano clone basically!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Vaults do look very nice indeed, I must say.

Hmm. Will try and ponder on some cheaper options for you!

*Edit*
    Wellgo would be a good place to look for cheap. Pretty reliable too, IIRC.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Why don’t you want actual Nanos?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

never bought from superstar before.
    there’s no reason i wouldn’t; just wondered if any of the other versions of them were in stock anywhere but looking at ss it seems he’s cut the price in line with, say, ready to ride now so i may as well…

mr_mills
    Free Member

The SS ones are good anyway. I had some white non-thru-pin ones and all the paint fell off pretty quick and i ripped a few pins out which damaged the holes so the replacement pins wouldn’t go in straight. Now I’ve got some anodized thru-pin ones which are much better.

neninja
    Free Member
    jedi

nukeproof neutrons i got i think

spw3

I know Superstar get slagged off a lot on here but I have had a pair of Ultra Mag pedals for the last year and they are great ie very light, grippy and just work. My riding mate has some Mag Lites and despite being 3 stones heavier than me and not the most delicate of riders his pedals a fine too. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another pair and will do as soon as V8 magnesium clones on my other bike die.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’d read someone say that the thru pin ones weren’t quite as grippy as the standard nanos due to the pins not protruding from the surface quite as far, so i wasn’t really considering them to be honest. hmm, ok.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘so, flat pedals…’ is closed to new replies.