Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • So did you get out before it tipped in down today?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Enjoyed a 3 hour ride today around Green Quarter was most enjoyable

20120923_141043[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

GavinB

It tipped it down today?

Been lovely all day up in S Highlands. The olds did the baby-sitting, so me and Mrs B could ride to the pub for lunch, over a couple of good hills. Ace fish n’chips overlooking Loch Tay, then gentle pootle back. 8)

ssjeff
    Free Member

Yes

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes, but only for a run with dogs at 07:30. Got in an hour later just as deluge started.

rOcKeTdOg

10 miles in the dry, cake stop, then 12 miles in the rain

saxabar
    Free Member

Tis rare that one gets to enjoy schadenfreude in North Wales!

brakes
    Free Member

no access to bikes as I’m on hols so went for a swim, then a sauna, then 40 minutes on an elliptical trainer – first time I’ve done non-cycling exercise for years and it was quite enjoyable. still kept wishing I’d brought a bike though…

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Nice bike 😀

(I’ve got a HUUUUGE Steel Deluxe and love it)

TomB

No rain in keswick………….yet!

Taff
    Free Member

Went for a road ride, light drizzle when I went out. Within 5 miles my feet were wet. 20miles later the decision was made to cut the 80m route in half. Got home and had a shower only to be greeted by the worst chill blanes in years! It’s not even the start of the frosty/snowy rides yet?!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Oh yes. Earlyish 2x laps of the forest, encountering a fairly sizeable stag at one point. Don’t know who was more surprised; him or me, but I wasn’t hanging around to chat… Lovely bike by the way OP (and a great view!) 🙂

badllama
    Free Member

Yup 😀 met up with an old mate and rode local to him round Holcombe Brook moorsred flags were out though so could not do the orginal route he had planned 🙁

Still had a great time and gave the new Camber a good ride out 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

Been dry here in Co Durham for the whole day. Had a decent ride at Hamsterley with some friends.

jedi

had 2 hours at herts this morning before the rain 🙂

zippykona

Tons of rain dahn sarf. Much needed though, was planting roses last week, dug a foot down and bone dry all the way.

BigSteve
    Free Member

For once the weather forecast was correct. Had a quick 25 miles this morning just south of Derby and then as predicted the rain started just after 2pm.

lucien

Pi55ed it down all day on the South Coast 😈

Klunk
    Free Member

saw the forecast for today so went out yesterday for 7 hours of glorious sunny riding and pub.

used the lull this morning to fettle in preperation for wales on wednesday and thursday.

Haze

Couple of hours local, missed all the wet stuff.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I didn’t get out. Tomorrow the singlespeed is emerging from the back of the shed, along with the crud catchers.

boxelder

On CX bike through Whinlatter, reversed Bash up Borrowdale to honister, then back home on the ‘blacktop’ via Crummock. Very nice, though not raining yet.

loddrik
    Free Member

Gonna be torrential tomorrow, just the way I like it, so I’ll be over around edale or north Wales enjoying it properly.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I came third in a hill climb, which was nice. Very cold though

superfli
    Free Member

Got f’n soaked standing on a hill in rogate for the dh race! The runs were great fun though, just wish one day I’ll get good weather there 🙂

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Dry first thing in Calderdale. Persisted it down later.

Kevevs
    Free Member

checked the weather and it said downpours for 4pm. went out for a 60 mile roadride up backroads Conwy Valley- Capel Curig – Ogwen Valley and back through Bethesda and Rachub and along coast. Blustery headwind back was a real destroyer! but had to get back before the 4pm deluge so gave it whatever beans I had!!

It’s 8.30pm, still no deluge the lying b%^%$rds. It’s just started raining a bit.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

15 miles of torrential rain, if the dictionary had a picture example for each word then by the end of the ride me and the Sith Hound would be found under “misery”

mogrim

Fun start to the ride, me+mates were trying to find a route we’d last done about 5 years ago, failed completely, got lost, did a bit of road, found a trail, etc. Heavy legs now…

Rain started about an hour after getting in – first rain I’ve seen in Madrid since July (or maybe June?).

JRTG
    Free Member

Yep, embraced it and went for a surf, didn’t matter if it rained or not then! Besides, surf in Brighton is rare.

paulx
    Free Member

Only managed to get an hour in Delamere this morning on my new Specialized Carve Pro. New bike, me like!

_tom_
    Free Member

No, went out after it had rained. Perfect conditions for Woburn actually!

sputnik
    Free Member

Was raining when I woke up this morning. Luckily I went for a lovely 20 miler yesterday.
    Sat on sofa under blanky today and watched the Worlds road race all day 🙂

swingbing
    Free Member

Did Twar and MBR at Coed-y-Brenin, started raining as we left the car park 🙂

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Did my first Munro by bike.. Great day/weather. Bit of an epic all in all….pics tomoro when I can get flicker to work.

thehustler
    Free Member

did the tourride today, most was great if a bit cold but the last 30 miles were shite

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

After all these dusty trails I donned my wet weather gear and embraced 6 hours of gruelling riding in torrential rain.
    Loved it.

pete68
    Free Member

Before it started raining ? Got up and had a cup of tea. Then it rained all day.

Chunk
    Free Member

Gisburn, its not stood up well to recent weather but still good.

singlespeedstu

Yep.
    Though we did get a little damp on the run in to home.

We were safely tucked up in the pub by the time it started wankering down though.

BigJohn

We were on a family trip to south Wales and we had planned a group walk on the cliff path from Southerndown to Monknash.

Triffic walk but we were all soaked and frozen when we got to the Plough & Harrow (possibly one of the top pubs in the world) but they had a nice roaring fire – and some Dalwhinnie – but because a few nesh people didn’t turn up had to call a cab for a £20 ride back to the car.

Cracking day. The alternatives would have been grim

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘So did you get out before it tipped in down today?’ is closed to new replies.