Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • so are the Tories happy that 1/2 a million are now dependent on food handouts?
  • jam-bo

Just got back from Norway and the level of tax there is what rich people would call ‘eye-watering’. Yet for some reason they haven’t all fled. Why do you think that is?

I wouldn’t actually object to paying more tax if I felt it wasn’t just disappearing into bottomless pit.

In fact, I might look for a job in Norway…

AdamW
    Free Member

In fact, I might look for a job in Norway…

Living is good there. People are socially conservative but there are fairly strong unions. I stayed in Stavanger where foreign workers are currently at about 20% population now.

If you go for a job look for something in Statoil. Loads of money there. Watch out for mysost/yatost which is a sweet brown cheese.

BTW do the citizens of any country not think that their tax was disappearing into a bottomless pit? A lot of Norwegians want to release some of the oil money to pay for infrastructure but the government won’t do it. Saving for a rainy day (please take note UK politicians of all hues!).

EDIT: also the differential between the richest and poorest is a lot smaller than in the UK due to the taxes, so I hear.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘so are the Tories happy that 1/2 a million are now dependent on food handouts?’ is closed to new replies.