Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • So… anyone received their Kindle Fire HD's yet..?
  • househusband

Have one due to arrive imminently, perhaps even tomorrow. In all honesty, I’m sorely tempted to send it back unopened for a refund. Didn’t know about the new iPad mini, nor did I know that there’s a 32GB version of the Google Nexus 7 due out soon. From what I’ve read the Nexus is actually the most powerful, and it would uses standard Android rather than Amazon’s version.

This article was one that made me rethink:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/377710/ipad-mini-vs-kindle-fire-hd-vs-nexus-7-full-specs

Just thinking aloud more than anything else. Have no strong feelings either way on Apple, and would probably be satisfied with the Fire but if the Nexus 7 32GB comes out at a competitive price…

footflaps

I’d worry less about specs and more about the userbility.

RustySpanner

I’m due a Kindle for Christmas and Ms S has offered to buy me a Fire.

However, I’m a bit put off due to the high price and the fact that Amazon, in their infinite arrogance are only selling the smaller model in Europe at the mo.

Tempted by the Paperwhite though.

wadsy76
    Free Member

Nexus 7……or Ipad mini?

househusband

I’d worry less about specs and more about the userbility.

Indeed. I’m familiar with how slick Apple is in that respect, and drawn to the Nexus as it runs ‘normal’ Android out of the box – whereas the Kindle’s version may well be geared solely to selling Amazon products..!

Cletus

I would have chosen the Nexus. Cannot see why anyone would buy the Fire instead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So… anyone received their Kindle Fire HD's yet..?’ is closed to new replies.