Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • so anyone else bought a bike they are struggling to like???
  • epicyclo

I find I can find a reason to like most bikes, but every now and then there’s one which doesn’t gel no matter how many adjustments.

Often it’s not something I realise when riding, but then one day I realise there’s a bike in the shed that hasn’t been ridden for a year. It’s more likely to get stripped down to recycle its parts than sold though. 🙂

Nipper99
    Free Member

Niner EMD with Nine carbon fork – nice frame and fork, light but just didn’t feel the love – all traded for a Swift and all is right.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Trek remedy. Hated it. Hardly used it. Sold it. The type of bike that is usually my thing. Just not that one.

roverpig

FF29: fast everywhere, great climber, fun in tight twisty stuff, but I just couldn’t get comfortable on steep rocky descents. Swapped the frame for a Solaris, which suits me much better. The FF29 frame is still in the shed as I can’t decide whether to sell it or turn it into a (rough) road bike.

hora
    Free Member

Ellsworth I.D

On one 456

onandon
    Free Member

Specialized stumpjumper fsr 2006. I really hated that dull & lifeless pile of poo.
    Giant sl with integrated seatpost – the only road bike I’ve ever had that I’d happily take an axe to . So uncomfortable and transmitted so many harsh vibrations though the frame.

chestrockwell

Only one that really sticks out for me was a 1999 GT XCR4000 that I bought to get back in to MTB’s after a few years out. Hateful thing, never got on with it and it put me off riding for another 4 years.

marky29er
    Free Member

Commencal meta AM1. Lusted after it for ages. The spindly 32mm forks put me off for a while but i eventually pulled the trigger when it got cheap enough. Gears were rubbish, ride was harsh. Dont think I enjoyed a single ride. Cost me £15/mile in depreciation when I sold it on 😯
    Replaced it with a meta AM1 29 which I prefer, although to be honest I regret selling the GT sanction that both these bikes replaced.

skinnyboy
    Free Member

KHS 650 superb bike. Hated it. Probably because I bought it complete and didn’t build it from scratch as is my usual m.o. Flogged it on without any guilt.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘so anyone else bought a bike they are struggling to like???’ is closed to new replies.