Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • So…. Anyone doing the UKGE Final and National Champs at Dyfi in a couple of we
  • kimbers

Coming off the back of a brilliant and surprisingly midge free round at Ae last week

Should be pretty epic, great location 40k route and some really really good stages, can’t wait !

superfli
    Free Member

Fk yeah! Having ridden a few of the trails back in July, this will be the highlight of my year! There is no doubt at all, it will be tough going in my FF lid. Think I may have to carry an open face too and am praying for a water stop so I can get away with a single bottle.

kimbers

Last round

[video]http://vimeo.com/138141432[/video]

kimbers

Buuuuump !

oldejeans
    Free Member

I’d heard it was nearer 50km. Great bunch of us going, The forecast seems to be pretty good. Preview of stage 2 looks like it has a bit of ClimachX descent? stage 4 looks fun. Can’t wait for stage 5 too.

orena45

Can’t wait for this. Got my new bike (whoop!), weather forecast looks not too bad at the moment and Dyfi has some great trails. I’m just going to go have loads of fun on the trails this weekend 😀

kimbers

yup forecast looking better now, cant wait, orean45, is it a rallon?

benpinnick

We’ll be there Kimbers… swing by and say hello. Is Cosgrove going to be back from Whistler?

kimbers

I can barely bring myself to mention Tom, his pictures from Whistler look amazing, and he will be back but is worried he will be too tired

See you at the weekend !

orena45

Kimbers – yarp, got me Rallon finally. I’m getting more and more excited for this weekend each day. 😀

Got your rim fixed/replaced, or is it still held together with Sellotape?!

kimbers

still sellotaped !
    the replacement is still enroute from China

its survived Woburn and Chicksands so I reckon it will hold up , its not like theres any rocks at Dyfi 😉

Im taking my old wheel as a backup and will see if I need to put it on after a practise lap!

orena45

Ah, it’ll be alright I’m sure!
    Take a spare tyre too (I am), just in case.

I’m heading up Friday, aiming to get there early afternoon and practice a couple of stages. After the epic all-day-Friday drives for the last 3 rounds, Dyfi almost feels like on my doorstep!

Are you heading over Friday too?

kimbers

yeah probably get there for 1ish will look out for you

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

are you allowed to race sunday only blind?

kimbers

no you have to do qualifying (seeding) on saturday 1st

superfli
    Free Member

Epic weekend riding 13500 ft climbing, 60 miles, on some superb terrain. A good mix of rock, loam, roots and super fast grass descent!
    Shame it’s all over 🙁

kimbers

was a bit special, sooo much riding in the Dyfi Valley, you can see why Affy lives there

even the transitions were epic….

(endurofactory’s pic)
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/q85/s2048x2048/12002490_10153319680751032_7134734136624679245_o.jpg

the stages were all mint, great mix of everything, its a good sign when people are whooping as they rag it down, and loving the hecklers coming into the arena, my legs are tired today

great end to the 2015 season for me, (Ive been informed my main focus is now decorating the house)

orena45

Yerr, awesome weekend for me too…loved every minute of it!

Only problem now is, having to wait til next year for another race 🙁

oldejeans
    Free Member

well done to anyone who took part in this. super tough and perhaps the best round yet according to many.

S5:

Kimbers – only now have I realised that you were my 20 second man – nice to meet you! I think you heard me whooping on S3. I was just pleased to get down it without incident. More than I can say for S1, 2, and of course 4 (“after you” “no after YOU” etc. I’ve got a lot of of work to do if I’m to be competitive at these events. We’ll be embarking on a full programme of trail building this winter. I could have done with a second day of practice too.

kimbers

yup that was me

it really was the best of the season!

mrlugz
    Free Member

Thats a great pic of stage 5, I had so much fun on that one 🙂

kimbers

vid is up!

[video]http://vimeo.com/140354754[/video]

orean45 at 409

Northwind

Great that it got a good sendoff, it’d have been such an anticlimax to end on a lesser venue or crappy weather or something… Good vid, cheers!

kimbers

It was ace the Dyfi is as good as Tweed valley for content, if not better, a lot of private land though

superfli
    Free Member

I really couldnt get the hang of S5. Lost 20s overall on that single stage. 1st time, too fast and couldnt make the corner. 2nd time too cautious and slow! Both times pretty much the same 10s slower than equiv mates. Its funny, but to me that stage required the most practise although possibly the simplest stage!

orena45

Yay, I’m in the highlights 8)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘So…. Anyone doing the UKGE Final and National Champs at Dyfi in a couple of we’ is closed to new replies.