Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • So any chance of a nice Xmas thread.
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Lots of moody Xmas references on here last few days

Let us have some nice ones.

What are you looking forward to over the next few days? And with xmas hits playing over the TVs here… What’s your fav xmas tune?

Me?

Beers in half an hour, once I’m finished work. Wrapping wife presents with little girl later this evening. Tomorrow’s evening carol service. Then Xmas morn, the wife waking up earlier than the kids and arguably just as excited…. And of course the afore mentioned 3 ½ year old face as she opens her presents, a pair of binoculars and a torch being top of her list.

Happy Days

Oh fav tune… All I want for Christmas. M Carey…. From the sound track of the best film ever… fact.

Yours ???

clubber
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to spending time with wife/son, watching aforementioned son opening his Xmas presents, a week and a half or so off work, seeing family and friends, getting out riding, eating and drinking lots of nice food/drink.

Christmas is great. (or for the sensitive, Winter Holiday/Solstice/etc)

(Fave Xmas song is Slade’s 🙂 Brilliantly naff and unashamedly fun )

Coyote
    Free Member

Would be nice to think so but no doubt a “big hitter” will be along soon to remind us that Christmas is a pagan festival and how we are all wrong for celebrating it…etc, etc, etc.

However. Merry Christmas to all STWers and I sincerely hope that we all have a fantastic, peaceful, relaxing, exhilerating, HAPPY time however we choose to spend it.

All the best everyone!

I see your Slade and raise it by a Wizzard “Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday” 8)

donsimon
    Free Member

already started one

You couldn’t just let this thread run, could you? You just had to say something to steal the OP’s thunder….

philconsequence
    Free Member

lol it just made me chuckle how we had written the same thing and asked the same question!

tazzymtb

looking forward to some family time, and hopefully a chance to calm down from work, (doubtful about that one TBH :?)

Still it’s a chance to see people I love, spend some time riding and training and hit the new year as lighter, faster and most importantly less stressed and nicer taz

xmas song of choice

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjxHe9TPDk&feature=related[/video]

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yey – my Christmas holiday starts as of now! Heading out for a wet afternoon on the beach with the dog.

Looking forward to time with friends, curling up on the sofa with my dog, scrambling and hiking in the mountains, and lots of biking in the mud 🙂

Oh, and being asked out for dinner with the guy that I didn’t manage to put off by spending the a cold December day in the mountains as our ‘first date’ 😳

Nadolig Llawen / Happy Christmas to all of you x

Christmas song: Pogues ‘Fairytale of New York’

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Almost finished for the day at work, a quick hospital appointment for one of my girls this afternoon then out with all my friends for Christmas beers tonight (including one friend whose wife is just coming out the other side of some pretty tough treatments for a recurring brain tumour and she is on the mend so we are celebrating that too).

Tomorrow my wife is having our girls for the day to keep out of my hair as I start to prepare Christmas Dinner – cooking for 12 this year – so I will have the festive tunes on and no dubt partake of a couple as I chop up vegetables.

Then tomorrow night we will have one last push to whip our girls into a frenzy of excitement (they are only 2.5 so not totally understanding it all yet) by putting out port, mince pies, carrots and reindeer dust (a new one on me).

Then up nice and early christmas morning to put the turkey on and lay a fire in the stove (I don’t care how warm it is – the fire is going on). Then a nice morning with our girls waiting for everyone to arrive in the afternoon.

Then sit down for a meal, remember my dad and mum who have both passed on but would love to be at ours for this big meal, then cracking open the last 5 bottles of Mouton Cadet left over from our wedding in 2006.

Then waddle to the front room and get stuck in to pork pies, pickled onions and left over turkey all evening.

Songs: Slade, Bing Crosby, Pogues and loads of kiddie ones that the 5 children present will be able to sing along to.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘So any chance of a nice Xmas thread.’ is closed to new replies.