Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 493 total)
  • So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…
  • daveh
    Free Member

No.
    Northern bikes for Northern folk.
    Got one in Scotlandshire though, for the Yorkshire exPats.

Lmfao (from the comfort of my Yorkshire located sofa).

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Do we know when are the frame onlys going to be available?

brant
    Free Member

Mal-ec – Member
    Do we know when are the frame onlys going to be available?
    POSTED 45 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

It’s the same Early May as the bikes. Earlier for the first people after an medium sized one.

Northwind

deadkenny – Member

X0 Trail brakes. Entirely different from the Avid brakes people moan about (though probably haven’t ridden with Avid brakes in years). They’ve been getting very strong reviews comparable with, if not exceeding XT.

And also some reviews saying “They’re amazing when they work, which is almost often enough”

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Is the size guide right then. I’d normally go for an 18″ But it recons if you’re over 5′ 10″ you’re going to need a large (20″) un?

brant
    Free Member

I think that size guide needs attention. That’s odd that.

I ride an 18in but should probably be on a 20. I’m 6’1″

macias
    Free Member

Thanks for responses.

brant

But you want to say – you’re fine with 18″?

Is there anytjing special with a head-set or any tapered internal will fit?

federalski
    Free Member

Are there any more pics of the blue frame kicking about yet?

_tom_
    Free Member

The video was awesome 🙂 looks like a great value bike but probably not for me at 5’9″ ish!

brant
    Free Member

Blue Frame pic. – http://instagram.com/p/mejtuVr3f6/

5’9″ perfect on a 16.

_tom_
    Free Member

I always worry about standover in 29ers as my inside leg is 29″ and like quite a low standover on my bikes as it is.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I do feel a lot of issues with Avid, outside of bleeding (half of that is down to the user, but X0 Trails are supposed to solve the old issues that lead you to thinking you need to bleed it anyway), is…

Pads

Avid pads seem to be a lot of the cause of Turkey Gobble and such things people complain about but from experience and other posts I’ve read third party pads can be better. Or at least switching from the sintered to Kevlar. I bulk buy Superstar Kevlar pads, and you can get four of them for these price of one Avid and they feel and sound so much better than the sintered. Wear out a bit quicker, but the four will last longer in total.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“They’re amazing when they work, which is almost often enough”

+1

My first pair, worked for a week, then started just pulling back to the bars, bled them repeatedly according to the instructions, gave up and sent them back to fishers, they came back with a note with words to the effect “incorect bleed procedure used by customer, warrenty void, fixed by goodwill”. And you guessed it, same as before.

Second set, exactly the same as the first, but after many attempts (not bothering wasting time with Fishers again) they seem to work now.

Only they pump up when left for a few months, the lever was completely solid and they need some fluid draining out.

They may be ‘as good as Shimano’ when they work. But WTF is the point of that, they’re brakes, I don’t want brakes that ‘might work as well as the ones on the other bike, or might not work at all’, I want to pull the lever and stop in a reasnoble distance. I can ride arround weak brakes, but occasional brakes is impossible!

frood
    Free Member

While you’re at it have a look at the fireline guide – there’s a 19.5″ and a 21″ guide, but that doesn’t apply when there’s only a 20″ option

5’9″ perfect on a 16.

Depends on the person’s body shape, owning an 18″ Fireline (at 5’10”) I need a layback post and a 70mm stem to make it work at all for me – couldn’t get any weight over the front wheel otherwise – so should probably be on the 20″ – the codeine isn’t THAT much longer

brant
    Free Member

Depends on the person’s body shape, owning an 18″ Fireline (at 5’10”) I need a layback post and a 70mm stem to make it work at all for me – couldn’t get any weight over the front wheel otherwise – so should probably be on the 20″ – the codeine isn’t THAT much longer

Sounds like a riding style thing too.

plus-one

I’m very tempted by one of these .. Been looking around for few months now and this
    Is at top of the list … Trying a few bikes out at w/end too ..

The proof will be in the pudding as ever… Comparable spec from the big brands are 4k upwards 🙁

Begs the question of how much we’re getting our pants pulled down ?

gamerriley
    Free Member

Great, I’m 6ft so have ordered the large frame as I sit smack in the middle of your sizing guide. Am I now to believe that I should have ordered a medium?

brant
    Free Member

Great, I’m 6ft so have ordered the large frame as I sit smack in the middle of your sizing guide. Am I now to believe that I should have ordered a medium?

I shall be contacting everyone that ordered one from us tomorrow with huge thanks, and an updated size recommendation.

I’d put you on a medium.

Sorry.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Looks good, what an XL size for a 6’5″ bloke with extra long arms!
    1″ more reach, same size seat tube would be good 😉

gamerriley
    Free Member

I shall be contacting everyone that ordered one from us tomorrow with huge thanks, and an updated size recommendation.

I’d put you on a medium.

Sorry.

Thanks Brant, Yes looking at the size guide in more detail and measuring as many body parts in the office without looking a total div, I think i too need the medium and not the large. It’s the standover height that does it for me. Is 830mm for the medium frame correct?

davosaurusrex

Thought it was all about longer TTs and shorter stems these days?

STATO
    Free Member

I still dont understand why on-one’s all have 74deg seat angles, cotic have just dropped from 73 to 72 in acceptance that in-line posts are what your stuck with for dropper posts.

brant
    Free Member

I still dont understand why on-one’s all have 74deg seat angles, cotic have just dropped from 73 to 72 in acceptance that in-line posts are what your stuck with for dropper posts.

It’s quite neat that Cy is building for people who care lots about their seated position on the flat, and run dropper posts.

Dimensionally it makes a lot of sense what he’s done there.

Frame design is often a lot about joining up the dots, and that makes sense.

Since the Planet X Compo, way way back, I’ve always liked steep seat angles and shortening reach from the back. So that bikes climb well. I like Reverbs as they put people forward in the pedals. I’m not a massive fan of long seated positions with you arse too far backwards.

The Codeine (and the Ti Fireline Evo) also has a straight seat tube, a nod to people who don’t have Reverbs and want to run a conventional post and drop it down in the frame for descents.

The Codeine also is a full suspension bicycle, where a steeper seat tube angle helps give rear wheel clearance under full compression. Slackening the seat angle would limit rear wheel travel.

brant
    Free Member

Is 830mm for the medium frame correct?

I don’t think it can be. I’ll measure one tomorrow.

frood
    Free Member

any chance of trying one for size (preferably in the edinburgh store) then brant? Went to the scottish bike show (twitter had said you’d have one there) but was told the show bike had been nicked for a magazine writeup?

chiefgrooveguru

There’s not a lot I’d change about my Soul but if I was to change the seat angle I’d make it steeper, not slacker (and I run an inline dropper post). Each to their own!

Codeine looks great – price is ridiculous.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

One of the things that really appeals is the steep seat tube angle/slack front good riding up/going down geometry.

kelvin

There’s not a lot I’d change about my Soul but if I was to change the seat angle I’d make it steeper, not slacker (and I run an inline dropper post). Each to their own!

Note that, for the same travel fork, it’s hardly changed at all with the Soul275. Only 0.25° slacker. It’s the reach that’s been increased. The optimised for inline geom thing also assumes 20mm longer travel fork when claiming the 1° slacker thing, as the position is all worked out with 120mm forks as the base, not 100mm.

Moving your saddle forward/backwards is always possible to adjust to your needs (or perceived needs).
    As is fitting a shorter stem.

Codeine seat angle is in keeping with lots of things Brant has done before… great for climbing, and then you get out of the saddle for the downs anyway. Makes perfect sense to me.

brant
    Free Member

any chance of trying one for size (preferably in the edinburgh store) then brant? Went to the scottish bike show (twitter had said you’d have one there) but was told the show bike had been nicked for a magazine writeup?

definitely

macias
    Free Member

So looking at OnOne site today I have noticed 2 things:
    1) Codeine frame or bike is “Sold out” – is this true or is this an unwanted side effect of the changes done? You cannot pre-order them currently…

2) Sizing guide updated (only for the bike, dissappeared from frameset page), but only partially (centimeters still not updated) I guess this should be:
    5’4″-5’8″ (162cm-173cm) Small
    5’8″-6’0″ (173cm-183cm) Medium
    6’0″-6’4″ (183cm-193cm) Large
    Right?

macias
    Free Member

1) Codeine frame or bike is “Sold out” – is this true or is this an unwanted side effect of the changes done? You cannot pre-order them currently…

By the time I have been writing this – it has been changed. Back in pre-order again…

brant
    Free Member

By the time I have been writing this – it has been changed. Back in pre-order again…

Thank you for your admirable work proof reading our site. If you do order, email me and I’ll give you a present.

Cheers

brant
    Free Member

2) Sizing guide updated (only for the bike, dissappeared from frameset page), but only partially (centimeters still not updated) I guess this should be:
    5’4″-5’8″ (162cm-173cm) Small
    5’8″-6’0″ (173cm-183cm) Medium
    6’0″-6’4″ (183cm-193cm) Large
    Right?

Right – someone updated in the inches and feet. Didn’t update the cm

gamerriley
    Free Member

I’d put you on a medium.

Sorry.

The only contact I’ve had all day is the same confirmation email of my order. It doesn’t state the size of frame ordered, so with your new size guide on the website I now need a medium instead of large. Will I be contacted about this?

Jamie
    Free Member

Thank you for your admirable work proof reading our site. If you do order, email me and I’ll give you a present.

Would that present be a job as a proof reader? 😀

macias
    Free Member

Would that present be a job as a proof reader?

we’ll see…. ;D

brant
    Free Member

The only contact I’ve had all day is the same confirmation email of my order. It doesn’t state the size of frame ordered, so with your new size guide on the website I now need a medium instead of large. Will I be contacted about this?

Yes. Tomorrow now sorry. Though I will have some good news about delivery dates.

macias
    Free Member

hough I will have some good news about delivery dates.

Before Easter? 😀

brant
    Free Member

Maybe…

brant
    Free Member

YHM

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…’ is closed to new replies.