Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 493 total)
  • So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…
  • dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Very nice looking bike and I do fancy one. However, given the economy and my public sector job I cannot see me ever buying a new bike again.

Triggers broom and predominantly second hand for me.

*Sits waiting for the influx of second hand Codeines in 12 months time*

brant
    Free Member

Are the decals underneath lacquer/clearcoat ?

Yes.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I still don’t get how the frames are so cheap when the shock is nearly £500 on its own…..

saxabar
    Free Member

Have to say, fair play. I’m guessing margins are less than some other companies to bring this to market at this price. I’m not looking for a new bike at the mo’, but would definitely be very interested in the future. I hope it sells well.

ahwiles
    Free Member

fr0sty125 – Member

I still don’t get how the frames are so cheap when the shock is nearly £500 on its own…

doesn’t the ‘frame only’ option comes with a RS Monarch?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Are there likely to be demo bikes (or demo days) available of these, ideally from the new Edinburgh store? It’s bargaintastic for sure but still a lot of money to spend without riding it first.

brant
    Free Member

I still don’t get how the frames are so cheap when the shock is nearly £500 on its own…..

We don’t pay £500 for the shock.

doesn’t the ‘frame only’ option comes with a RS Monarch?

No. A CCDB Air.

Are there likely to be demo bikes (or demo days) available of these, ideally from the new Edinburgh store? It’s bargaintastic for sure but still a lot of money to spend without riding it first.

We have plans for this.

molgrips
    Free Member

OEM components aren’t the same price as the retail ones, and sometimes (often?) they are actually different and lack features.

brant
    Free Member

OEM components aren’t the same price as the retail ones, and sometimes (often?) they are actually different and lack features.

CCDB Air shocks don’t have a different OE spec like this, though I can nod, and say that no, it’s not the climb switch version, BECAUSE I don’t think this bike needs it.

It climbs great.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cool. I was thinking of the Fox DHX, where there were (are?) three versions, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 – but the 3.0 was the OE only version and lacked compression damping, presumably because it could be specced for the bike it came on.

I only know this because I had a bike that the bike shop had put one on, and it had far too much compression damping for the frame.

ahwiles
    Free Member

brant – Member

No. A CCDB Air.

mind boggled.

top banana!

S_J
    Free Member

Ok, so given this bike is likely to be super popular, what are the chances of actually getting one in May via a pre-order? given that you’ll be holding £2,500 or my hard earned? Is there a initial run volume guaranteed?? And will we know when that has been spoken for?

brant
    Free Member

Ok, so given this bike is likely to be super popular, what are the chances of actually getting one in May via a pre-order? given that you’ll be holding £2,500 or my hard earned? Is there a initial run volume guaranteed?? And will we know when that has been spoken for?

A valid question! Preorders are stock controlled. Orders are in for frame production. If we sell out, preorders will stop.

S_J
    Free Member

Cheers Brant. Seems pretty straightforward!

toons
    Free Member

Brant what’s the wheelbase on a large frame?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

We have plans for this.

Great stuff, I’ll keep an eye out.

brant
    Free Member

Brant what’s the wheelbase on a large frame?

1185mm

toons
    Free Member

Ta and the bb height?

brant
    Free Member

Ta and the bb height?

35mm drop from centres

leythervegas
    Free Member

will it be reviewed by any magazines? be interesting to read an independent review. (still waiting to see a review of the c456 evo)

looks great by the way, possibly best looking 29er i have seen.

brant
    Free Member

will it be reviewed by any magazines? be interesting to read an independent review. (still waiting to see a review of the c456 evo)

looks great by the way, possibly best looking 29er i have seen.

Thanks for the nice words. I think there are a few journalists looking for a ride on one.

neil29679
    Free Member

Any reason the full build comes with the single compound “enduro” tyre up front and dual compound “trail extreme” on the rear? Rather than the other way round as is usually the norm

brant
    Free Member

Any reason the full build comes with the single compound “enduro” tyre up front and dual compound “trail extreme” on the rear? Rather than the other way round as is usually the norm

Chunky Monkey up front.
    Dual Compound Smorgasbord on the rear.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I’m not in the market for a new bike at the moment, but have to say that it looks like you’ve done a great job on this. Incredible spec for the money and looks well thought out overall. I even don’t mind that it comes with Avid brakes – I’ve had Elixir CRs on my bike for the past three years and they’ve been faultless.

If it was available in XL and a raw finish, it would be even better. 😉

Kryton57

If it was available in XL and a raw finish 650b, it would be even better

😀

daver27
    Free Member

i had a look at this at the london Bike Show and i must admit i failed to realise it was a 29er. sadly i’d just bought a new bike, otherwise i’d be buying this now. amazing looking thing, just looks “right”

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Brant,
    Any plans for any stores down south in the future?

Cheers!

br
    Free Member

No.

Northern bikes for Northern folk. 🙂

Got one in Scotlandshire though, for the Yorkshire exPats.

bigdean

If only it was an inch longer, still might have a drive down to look at one.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

No.
    Northern bikes for Northern folk.
    Got one in Scotlandshire though, for the Yorkshire exPats.

Shame, I imagine in a couple of prime locations (brum, London, etc) they would do quite well with your killer pricing?
    Might make it easier for me to give one a spin too…. Sheffield is a good 3 hours or so from me!

ashfanman
    Free Member

I imagine in a couple of prime locations (brum, London, etc) they would do quite well with your killer pricing?

Might make it harder to offer such killer pricing though, I imagine. At least there is the option to see (and ride) a physical bike, unlike the mailorder-only companies.

brant
    Free Member

Er… “b r” isn’t me. Or anyone from our company.

Stores around the country, like we just rolled out in Edinburgh, yes, part of the plan.

brant
    Free Member

bigdean – Member
    If only it was an inch longer, still might have a drive down to look at one.
    POSTED 56 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

How tall are you?

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Brant, I didn’t notice the different name tbh, I blame the beer.
    Good to know you are on the case!
    And ash, I’m sure the overheads will be different but for the cyclist who knows what they are after and at a decent price I imagine they would flock in…(says the man with little retail experience…!)

macias
    Free Member

Brant:
    Colours are blue or white. Both with Orange decals.

That’s understood – the question is will OnOne go with the other colors Brant you have mentioned in another thread – orange and raw? Some (planned) day? Or is it all for now?

Also for the frame-set and bikes – will OnOne have lower speced options (like monarch, revelation, etc)?

Brant – would you reveal also if stock volumes are sufficiently large so that there is anything to be ordered in May, considering the current rate of purchases? Just give me a hint, please 😉

(Just registered so hello everyone! Registered only because of Codeine :D)

deadkenny
    Free Member

somouk – Member

The spec looks good apart from the Avid brakes

X0 Trail brakes. Entirely different from the Avid brakes people moan about (though probably haven’t ridden with Avid brakes in years). They’ve been getting very strong reviews comparable with, if not exceeding XT. Indeed the range is now being replaced by the same 4 pot calliper design.

mattjg – Member

I got burned when I bought a SRAM crankset with odd BCD (I didn’t know better, they should have), then I wore out the rings and couldn’t get replacements, the cranks had to come off and go in a box, they’re still there. Thanks for that.

You can changed the spider on most SRAM cranks to sensible BCD.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Re the brakes – Avids are brilliant when box fresh, it’s 3 months in when changing pads that they drive you up the wall.

Hateful things.

Btw great vid, it’s the first 29er i’ve actually wanted to ride.

brant
    Free Member

That’s understood – the question is will OnOne go with the other colors Brant you have mentioned in another thread – orange and raw? Some (planned) day? Or is it all for now?

That’s all for now.

Also for the frame-set and bikes – will OnOne have lower speced options (like monarch, revelation, etc)?

We are evaluating a build with Sektors and Monarch.

Brant – would you reveal also if stock volumes are sufficiently large so that there is anything to be ordered in May, considering the current rate of purchases? Just give me a hint, please

It is selling well. I couldn’t tell you right now at what point we’ll sell out.

brant
    Free Member

Re the brakes – Avids are brilliant when box fresh, it’s 3 months in when changing pads that they drive you up the wall.

Hateful things.

Btw great vid, it’s the first 29er i’ve actually wanted to ride.

Cheers

This is your experience with Avid X0 Trail Brakes?

patriotpro
    Free Member

No but 2 sets of Avid.

If they are sorted then that’s good obviously, personally 2 bad experiences of one brand is enough to deter me from a third purchase.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…’ is closed to new replies.