Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 493 total)
  • So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…
  • Kryton57

I did check, the previous thread is closed.

The Planet X mag arrive with what looks like the final bike inside. Now I don’t need the Reverb, so if O-O could do me a build with a Thompson post, I’d be quite tempted to buy that as a do it all bike sometime in the future.

Looks good eh?

rOcKeTdOg

Is it still white? Is it still a 29er?

br
    Free Member

Buy bike, see Reverb.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    honourablegeorge

You only think you don’t need the reverb.

Northwind

Buy the bike with the reverb and I’ll trade it for a Thomson 😉

The Codeine bothers me, it’s basically a one-bike attack on my On One toy-throwing. I’d have to be daft to buy another bike from them, and yet, and yet… Might have to steal one.

Jamie
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

It was all going well until I read “Sram” & “avid”

brakes
    Free Member

when are Planet-X/ On One going to get a decent graphic designer?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Buy it, split it, sell bits, buy bits, rebuild. etc.

Probably alot of that.

Bouncy.

“Less Pain, More Gain” WHAT! *barf*

crankrider
    Free Member

Graphics aside, seriously cheap for a bike of this type, no?

Get it & whip graphics off, this kind of price rivals or betters the stuff by YT etc…

Will be eager to see how it rides.

IA

seriously cheap for a bike of this type, no?

Not sure – I built my horsethief for less, with a similar/better spec (bombers instead of pikes, 1×10 zee, chainguide + XT brakes)

I could’ve got a norco shinobi in that budget too. There are options…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, but it’s On-One RRP :p

tomaso
    Free Member

Is it really all that cheap? You can buy the Specialized Enduro for a £100 more that has similar geometery, although the chainstays are shorted on the Enduro and you can get a front mech to fit too. the Spesh also has more bounce with 155mm vs the Codeine’s 128mm.

Kryton57

Sometimes people don’t want more bounce – that isn’t a point really is it. But you do get a CCDB and a pike on a bike that should be very capable over a large marketable sector of riders.

The Codeine bothers me, it’s basically a one-bike attack on my On One toy-throwing. I’d have to be daft to buy another bike from them, and yet, and yet… Might have to steal one.

It bother me be causes it’s a 29er and doesn’t have a carbon rear like my asr5 but is otherwise hard to justify as a replacement.

AlexSimon

Didn’t we just find out that april has become may/june

Also, when people say it’s not cheap. X01/Pike/CCDBA are where the value comes in. All best-in-class.

I wouldn’t choose the brakes, but I’d live with them for a year and then see how they’re getting on before contemplating replacement.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Ever feel like we’re just a free focus group for them?

I mean, we are, but still. Let’s have a shot at least.

Junkyard
    Free Member

when are Planet-X/ On One going to get a decent graphic designer?

They spend all the money on the high quality paint job 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

that’s a bike that looks like it takes no s**t, an indestructible boinger for those of us with no finesse who need all the help we can get

shedfire’s gonna sell shed loads IMO

front mech shront schmech, can’t please all the people all the time.

somouk
    Free Member

The spec looks good apart from the Avid brakes 🙁

If they gave an option to have XTs instead that might be a birthday present for me!

DT78
    Free Member

I had a fondle of it at the London bike show. I’m very tempted. It did seem a bit heavy though. It’s been a while since I had a big bike that I plan to actually ride uphills.

thepodge
    Free Member

cfinnimore – Ever feel like we’re just a free focus group for them?

I thought it was the marketing & advertising dept.

acsevens

what was the price on the full build? and did they say if they were likely to do frame only?

gwaelod
    Free Member

Thought from the title this was a thread about Yodel

iolo
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    cfinnimore – Ever feel like we’re just a free focus group for them?
    I thought it was the marketing & advertising dept.

I said nothing but I’m quite sure this thread will be brought up daily for a few months until the bike comes out.

STATO
    Free Member

The fact it states ‘from £2499’ makes me suspicious that you wont get the bike in the pic for that price. But yeah, at least XO trail brakes would get a decent amount when you flog them.

STATO
    Free Member

I said nothing but I’m quite sure this thread will be brought up daily for a few months until the bike comes out.

Thankfully this board is but a fraction of the number of cyclists out there, and when did Brant/On-one/PX ever pay attention to the comments on here, other than to resolve yet another staff/order/quality issue.

iolo
    Free Member

Brant,
    could you please confirm the spec you get for 2499? Is it as above?

FuzzyWuzzy

Who’s idea was it to actually spec Avid brakes or do ‘manufacturers’ get big discounts from SRAM for spec’ing them as part of a group (or indeed are they forced to take them as part of a group)? Mind you Canyon seem to spec them on some of their Shimano build models to which irritates me even more.

somouk
    Free Member

Mind you Canyon seem to spec them on some of their Shimano build models to which irritates me even more

Completely agree, you would expect them to stick to a full Shimano build but alas no 🙁

mattjg
    Free Member

Who’s idea was it to actually spec Avid brakes or do ‘manufacturers’ get big discounts from SRAM for spec’ing them as part of a group (or indeed are they forced to take them as part of a group)?

Most likely something like that, or Shimano aren’t available or want a bigger order or are more expensive. An awful lot of built bikes seems to come with Avid etc that not many people really want. It’s put me off a couple of purchases actually.

I got burned when I bought a SRAM crankset with odd BCD (I didn’t know better, they should have), then I wore out the rings and couldn’t get replacements, the cranks had to come off and go in a box, they’re still there. Thanks for that.

TheSanityAssassin

Rockshox, Avid, SRAM, On-One?

It’d have been better off named the ‘Fromage’ – the bugger’s constructed of cheese!

brant
    Free Member

It’s that spec for £2499.

The from is a bit misleading, but not in the usual way that “from” is.

brant
    Free Member

Rockshox, Avid, SRAM, On-One?

It’d have been better off named the ‘Fromage’ – the bugger’s constructed of cheese!

A lovely man in a mexican restaraunt told me that “everything’s better with cheese”. So I’d be happy with that.

grum
    Free Member

£2500 for an On One. Hmmm….

Jamie
    Free Member

Wait…what?

Brant appears just on the one mention of his name now?

damascus
    Free Member

I think every post I’ve read from Brant over the last month has made me laugh out loud!

kimbers

well if you get that spec with the ccdb for that price it blows the specialized out of the water!

mattjg
    Free Member

Are the geometry figures anywhere?

brant
    Free Member

They are on a previous thread. I will post later.
    Currently at dinner in Taiwan with FSA.

mattjg
    Free Member

bon ap!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…’ is closed to new replies.