Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So…….
  • dropoff

I’ve got this splinter, went in at the top of my finger and has just come out about half an inch further down. Question is do I try to pull it back out or on through ?

annebr
    Free Member

through

chojin
    Free Member

I’m not fussed to be honest, either way is fine by me as long as you post pics.

dropoff

pics are tricky at the mo 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Out I reckon, if it’s wedge shaped you dont want to pulling the rest of it though… Either way – ouch

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Where’s that picture of Awang and that dirty great splinter through his leg?? Ask him how he got that out, then decide….;-)

camo16
    Free Member

No, you’re all wrong. It’s actually in, out, in, out, then you shake it all about.

takisawa2

Yes. Yes. Yes.
    And it needs good quality close up hi-res pics like that toe-nail thread.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I did that about 18 months ago cutting sticks for the fire. Splinter went into my little finger and disappeared.
    the next day my finger was hurting like mad and bright red so I went to the GP who (not surprisingly) said off to A&E. Went there and they couldn’t find anything – they even x-rayed it but nothing showed up.
    Two days later I was having a bath and my finger was still hurting so I gave it a squeeze underwater – out shot the splinter along with a healthy amount of puss which mus have lubricated its exit!
    Turns out the splinter was about 2mm short of sticking right through my finger.
    Anyhoo….. pull it out of the exit hole.

bencooper
    Free Member

Pull it back, not through – I’ve learned from experience 😉

Cougar

Amputation.

Ideally at the neck, best to be sure.

dropoff

As usual some excellent suggestions, however I am waiting on WCA for the definitive solution. As an update though so far it’s finger 0 splinter 1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So…….’ is closed to new replies.