Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 191 total)
  • SNOWMEGEDON FRIDAY, always be prepared for the worst
  • missnotax
    Free Member

I’m off to Afan this weekend.

I am packing my wetsuit…..

binners

crikey – if its possible for your bottles and plastic bin to be blown over, you’re clearly not drinking enough ale and wine. Let that be a lesson to you! 😉

IHN

We’re off to see Jedi tomorrow.

His training set up is all indoors, right? 😐

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You need to look at that chain tension.

camo16
    Free Member

You need to look at that chain tension.

All sorted now! 😉

nick1962
    Free Member

Almost 5 inches here in Calderdale,howling bitter wind blowing snow into your face so it stings.Could do with some goggles.Seen the aftermath of one car crash on the main road.Running low on bread….

Bunnyhop

Very windy here, blowing the snow around into little drifts. Looking forward to riding in it on Sunday.

richmtb

Been falling steadily in Glasgow all morning. Not really lying though

jimster
    Free Member

Worcestershire Alps (Malvern) are white, horrible fine rain ATM.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

Great Longstone,Derbyshire things are bleak Ive only got pancetta to make a bacon sarnie and there is at least 4 inch on the drive

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just in case he is still reading.

toby1 – Member
    flip, can you get out and clear the roads around the area please, I need to be in Tamworth tonight in preparation for my best mates wedding tomorrow – so the road to Sutton Coldfield is a particularly important one

Tamworth didn’t seem to have much snow this morning and the road to Sutton is normally gritted so you should be fine. Four Oaks had about 3″ this morning with another 4″ forecast throughout the day. Main roads in Sutton are usually ok too.

Coyote
    Free Member

Nephew’s school sent a text last night. “School will be closed tomorrow in case of snow”.

project
    Free Member

A55 blocked in a few places as is the A5, runcorn widnes bridge closed,due to falling lumps of ice,merseyrail trains disrupted,and lots of schools closed.

And it just looks like someone has dropped a box of persil on the roads round here.

somafunk

-(STOP)-snow very bad in galloway-(STOP)-send supplies,biscuits,coffee beans,malt whisky will do fine(STOP)-we have dug in-(STOP)-blowing a gale and temps of -4-(STOP)-windchill makes it feel much worse-(STOP)-stove is lit-(STOP)-worst blizzard for years-(STOP)-getting hungry now-(STOP)-contemplating eating next doors rabbit-(STOP)-God-damn rabbit is too fast-(STOP)-found guinea pig-(STOP)-I can skin it and make a glove-(STOP)-Guinea pig tastes foul but it’s survival at all costs-(STOP)-next doors kid is crying at the window-(STOP)-I’ve been rumbled-(STOP)-these may be my last words-(STOP)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

No snow in God’s own county of Sussex, but it is pelting rain.

The BBC are doing their usual weather overload. Yes, we know it has snowed in places, you don’t need to send a reporter and OB unit to stand knee-deep in a drift to tell us live… Broken news strikes again!

rossi46
    Free Member

Coyote
    Free Member

^ 😆 ^

somafunk

That squirrel is so cool 😀

The A75 outside my house (well only 2 miles away) is shut between Twynholm and Newton Stewart, not surprising really as the snow is now drifting (thanks to the gales) over the bonnet of my car parked outside and it’s forecast to continue like this for the next 10hrs, it’s -4c outside at the moment so gaw’d knows what the wind chill is, despite my snow tyres coping fine earlier on t’day i think i may just stay inside wi my feet up next to the stove and treat myself to a friday afternoon session on malt whisky wi a good book. My mate lives 800ft up in the Galloway hills in a wee cottage that faces east 2 miles up a rutted track and truly in the arse end of nowhere – he’s got snow drifts up to the tops of his windows that are blocking out the daylight and he can’t get out his door for the height of snow built up 😯

StefMcDef
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Meant to be going to Wales to ride Brechfa and Cwm Carn this weekend. Am I going to die?!

Depends – how good a swimmer are you?

Are the trails holding up? Very soggy?

🙁 Did Brechfa and Afan this time last year and it was all dust, shirtsleeves and temperatures of 70F. Seems like a very long time ago.

The-Beard

Got close to a foot in the garden here in Dalbeattie. Still snowing too… They did plough the road, but you can’t tell anymore! Just going back into the garden to finish off the igloo we were making!

trb
    Free Member

Light rain in Swindon. Glad I went out and panic bought 14 bottles of ale last night – although that has more to do with Swindon than the weather 😉

buck53

Weirdly there’s none that I can set in my part off Manchester, yet everywhere rideable close by seems to have had a battering.

Probably could get out somewhere but really cba, even with a new build to do a first proper ride on. It’s times like this when not having riding buddies to drag me out is a real drawback.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Just south of the Peak District and the snow has been steadily melting all day…

…but it started snowing again a few minutes ago. Snow or melt, I don’t want a soggy combination of the two thanks very much.

Northwind

somafunk – Member

-(STOP)-snow very bad in galloway-(STOP)-

We had a big open day on today so we’ve been tracking weather… Traffic Scotland had the usual… “Weather Conditions – Travel with Caution” “Snow- avoid nonessential travel” “Snow-hazard”… But for D&G they rolled out my favourite weather warning ever:

“AVOID TRAVELLING ON THE ROADS”

It seems like people have enthusiastically followed that advice, diving off into verges, ditches, fields…

bikerbruce
    Free Member

On a serious note a good 2 and a half inch on all main roads in the peak and drifting,Back roads nearly impassable in the rally astra with snow tyres on and Its wind chill of minus 8… oh and there if a drift across the drive same size as two medium sized tortoise shell cats layed end to end

mightymule
    Free Member

Very boring in the Rotherham / Sheffield area.

project
    Free Member

Snowing quite heavily now, and freezing, and the snow muppets are out in their 4x4s with foglights on. 😯

IvanDobski
    Free Member

After hearing the weather horror stories I left work in London at 9am after just half an hours work and arrived home in the lakes 4 hours later. There were several inexplicable crashes southbound but nothing obviously weather related, mainly because the weather was fine.

The BBC (and Sky to a lesser extent) is so keen to show snowmageddon that any sense of proportion goes completely out of the window.

bearnecessities

The BBC (and Sky to a lesser extent) is so keen to show snowmageddon that any sense of proportion goes completely out of the window.

That is so true, BBC news now has Jeremy Vine DNA running through it.

BD11 snowed in incidentally, no bread in the house and running low on milk.

somafunk

To be fair to the reports it is quite bad here in Galloway, this is a pic my mate sent through of his house up in the hills, those drifts must be 8ft high as when i’m stood at that window there’s no way i could reach up to the top of the frame.

I took a walk outside earlier and got 50 yards before my visibility dropped to nothing and it was impossible to tell what way was what.

Gonna be fun t’morn though – we’re taking the motocross bikes out on the totally blocked roads 😀

hora
    Free Member

Not a drop of snow here. Manchester.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Pretty impressive Somafunk! Only a little bit of hail and snow here on Llandudno/Conwy coast. Shedloads a few miles east though. Bastard wind and a bit of slush cycling to tescos earlier. Quite fancy a big dump of snow, better than endless boring grey rain!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Looks bad,Kenny! Mind and cover yer tracks when heading back to the house with the crosser!

somafunk

Apparently there are two snowploughs stuck in drifts outside the town, both were heading in opposite directions on opposite roads so that leaves one exit road out of a possible three and that’s blocked by drifts, nae traffic has been moving on the roads since 5pm t’night and it is now -4 outside and freezing hard, still snowing and blowing a hoolie though.

It’s all terribly exciting 😉 , we don’t usually get this much snow as we’re on the coast, i’m trying to get my mate talked into taking the motocross bikes out t’night wi my 1200lumen C&B seen lights on the front, i doubt the police will be worrying bout an unlicensed motocross bike on the deserted roads as the snow is very deep and nothing is moving anywhere, prob too deep for the bikes if i’m honest but it’ll be a laugh if nowt else.

My mate in the hills has had to fire up his diesel generator as his leccy’s went out, took him 30 mins to dig his way to the barn which is 30 yards from his house, he said the snow drifts are above his head – that’s what you get for staying 800ft up an eastern facing Galloway hillside.

mightymule
    Free Member

At the moment it is snizzling here.

I would like to stake here and now my claim to the invention of a new word to describe the combination of snow and drizzle. 8)

hora
    Free Member

Ah. The snowgodzilla arrived.

Roads are completely blocked in Ravenshead (near mansfield/nottingham)

landcruiser
    Free Member

Snowing quite hard in the Surrey hills now, though it is currently struggling to settle due to the night of rain …

Sui
    Free Member

I’m not going out now.. it’s not even good snow..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I hope everyone is well stocked up on bread, milk and toilet roll. I’m expecting reports of people doing the honorable thing and going outside for a walk when they are down to the last slice of stale bread….

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 191 total)

The topic ‘SNOWMEGEDON FRIDAY, always be prepared for the worst’ is closed to new replies.