Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Snowflake soldiers wtf
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

Not sure how this one’s going to pan out in the HR dept

Soldier ‘to quit Army’ after his face is used in snowflake advert

I read it as “soldier quits because he’s getting a ribbing from his workmates”

Seems like they never needed to spend all that cash on the ad campaign

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He said he was bombarded with sarcastic messages from colleagues and has accused the army of leaving him open to ridicule by placing his face alongside the derogatory term snowflake which is used to describe someone being over-emotional, easily offended or unable to deal with opposing opinions.

TBH I wouldn’t want to be compared to people like Piers 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#inaftermike

mickmcd
    Free Member

What a surprise….

oldtennisshoes

handybar
    Free Member

At least the “Binge Gamer” should be a bloody good shot.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Made sense to me, snowflakes being a derogatory term usually aimed at left wing youngsters, generally politically active uni students. Who probably perceive the army as somewhere you go if you’re a tattooed BNP supporter with no GCSE’s. Not helped by those photos of recent recruits posting with Tommy Robinson.

Do you really want an army made up entirely of the latter?

The real problems with the adverts are 1) I cant really imagine anyone wants to self identify as those things. 2) Of all the people I know, it’s older people who are addicted to their phones (admit it your mum, or your wife is the person you know most addicted to candy crush, not your friends or your kids depending on age), and least able to deal with the political views of other people.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Snowflake soldiers wtf’ is closed to new replies.