Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Snowdon – Timings to get down before 10!
  • uphilla
    Free Member

May have chance to do Snowdon next week and so would be useful to have some ‘real world’ timings for the various bits.
    Probably starting from Snowdon Ranger – so choice is up and down Ranger path, or ride across to Llanberis, up from there and back down Ranger.
    Early start, I know! Thanks

fergal
    Free Member

3hrs if you are a mountain man.

missnotax
    Free Member

Up Llanberis and down Rangers…

Unless you are some kind of mtb climbing god. I have ridden down Rangers a couple of times which is great fun, but I wouldn’t choose to ride / push up it!

uphilla
    Free Member

Not a mountain man, I am a mere mortal 🙂 – so pootle pace. So maybe make that 4-5 hours!

missnotax
    Free Member

Both times it’s taken our group (of mere mortals!) about 2.5 hours to ride / push up Llanberis. Coming down Rangers / Telegraph was about an hour I think – but that included a lot of punctures on Telegraph! Take lots of inner tubes…

martinhutch

Remember that when you leave the Rangers to get to Telegraph, you’re no longer on the BWs which are part of the agreement, so you don’t have to be in Llanberis by 10am, just off the Rangers.

spacey

We did it last night. Drove down from Manchester, arrived in Llanberis 5:45, up Llanberis path to summit for 7:45, down Rangers and Telegraph and at the chippy just before 9, that’s with a couple of puncture stops. Home and in bed by midnight. Great summer evening. Gonna be grinning for days!

leffeboy

May have chance to do Snowdon next week and so would be useful to have some ‘real world’ timings for the various bits.

Thought this was another ed snowden thread. Am somewhat relieved

uphilla
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon – Timings to get down before 10!’ is closed to new replies.