Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Snowdon this morning
  • highclimber
    Free Member

Saw some guys at the summit today around 10am. I was going to ask them if they intended on waiting 7 hrs before going back down but I was with a group and I assumed they would be because they had nice DH bikes. If it was anyone on here, you definitely waited, didn’t you! 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

Are you the snowdon police then..???

highclimber
    Free Member

Did I say I was?

Rscott
    Free Member

what do you not have one of these for days like that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reIHx1ozxYk

discoduck
    Free Member

You didn’t directly say that you were but the way the question was presented is akin to police questioning ?

Maybe you should have approached them on the hill and asked ?

highclimber
    Free Member

You didn’t directly say that you were but the way the question was presented is akin to police questioning ?

Rhetorical and leading?

robhughes
    Free Member

Up to them what they do if your not the snowdon police.. 😉

highclimber
    Free Member

Of course it is, I was just jealous of their bikes TBH.

chiefgrooveguru

If the weather’s anything like it is here there won’t be a lot of walkers foolish enough to walk up in this heat! Seems silly ignoring the voluntary agreement though…

discoduck
    Free Member

No not rhetorical !
    As you were not trying to make a point, merely gathering evidence that you do not have,

And I think its a voluntary ban, and maybe the culprits set off with the intention of descending before the curfu but due to the weather took far longer than anticipated ? I’ve got to admit I’d have hoofed it back down after pushing up that far and opted out of the volountary thing.

That’s just me, I don’t expect everyone to agree with my wildcat maverick attitude 😛

darkslider
    Free Member

How much ‘around’ 10am was it? On a downhill bike with some skills, an idea where you’re going and some body armour it only takes 10 minutes or so to descend to the bottom, so they might have been off the hill completely by 10am.

Although as said it is a voluntary agreement and not legally binding so who knows.

highclimber
    Free Member

How much ‘around’ 10am was it?

It was 10:10 and they were just arriving at the summit.

takisawa2

If I’d seen them I’d have tutted very loud indeed. (Out of site, obviously).

Is it warm elsewhere then ?
    Been crap here in Staffs today.

highclimber
    Free Member

As you were not trying to make a point, merely gathering evidence that you do not have

I wasn’t trying to gather evidence of anything, merely acknowledging the fact that the voluntary ban is a good idea and would like to keep it that way.

Rorschach
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Whilst I don’t really approve, I point out that its a voluntary ban on riding the bridle ways, but not legal or enforceable

Rorschach
    Free Member

JEngledow
    Free Member

Was it these two at it again?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FA8KH4pqNxI[/video]

aa
    Free Member

highclimber,

how did you get on in your ml exams?

highclimber
    Free Member

how did you get on in your ml exams?

Passed my ML with flying colours, thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon this morning’ is closed to new replies.