Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Snowdon Ranger PSA
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Helen – thanks for the reply.

As per Martin – wish we had people of similar ilk working for DCC!

grum
    Free Member

Yup thanks very much for the response – very helpful.

Info on quiet times would be good.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply Helen.
    It’s encouraging that someone out there is taking account of what users are saying.

I’d also strongly agree with ndthornton’s point:

Please, please dont make the track any easier on our account.
    Its currently one of the best descents in the UK.
    If it looks un-ridable….that’s how we like it

It wasn’t said in jest!

nosedive
    Free Member

hi helen, how much of the track currently has bags of stone on it. im thinking of doing the descent in about a week but im wondering if i should give it a miss if you are working onit

cheers

wardeneryri
    Free Member

Thanks for all the positive replies. As beautiful as the Peak District is martinhutch and JonEdwards I’m afraid for me Snowdonia takes some beating! Ndthornton and Ecky-Thump let me know if there’s any specific features that you don’t want to loose (grid reference and picture would be handy) and I’ll check whether any of it falls in the planned work area and we can go from there. grum – will post quiet times data asap. nosedive – it’s basically the top zig zags, but you’re fellow riders will probably be better placed to advise whether it’s worth it or not. The actual pitching work is due to start in early November – weather dependent!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Big cheer for Helen – great to see this sort of engagement.

Pook

Yes this is just the sort of engagement we need Helen, thank you. Mountain bikers don’t really have a representative group so places like this forum are the real ‘voice’ of our group. Please, please let whoever does your stakeholder management know that.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Helen – to be honest the top zig-zags would be the bits I think we would all be saddest to lose, as this is the roughest and most challenging section. The top section after the railway line if quite smooth – and also at the bottom near the lake where it flattens out.

But I guess from your point of view – there isn’t much point in repairing a smooth track!

Cheers
    Nick

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Big cheer for Helen – great to see this sort of engagement.

+1

Fluff66
    Free Member

Thanks for posting Helen

As others have hinted at, the difference between this position and that recently of Derbyshire Council is remarkable.

Anyone from Ride Sheffield (talking with DCC) on this thread at mo? This thread might be of use as an example of “engagement”

andykay
    Free Member

Anybody been up recently? A few of us are doing Snowdon this Sunday (10th). We went down the Rangers path last year and it was great fun.
    Are the bags of stone still in the way or have they been moved? How much of the path is blocked by the bags? Is it still rideable or is it worth going down Rhyd Ddu instead

excitable1
    Free Member

I was up there yesterday and the bags are still there and from the looks of the photo haven’t moved since then. Guessing the weather has been so crap that they haven’t got anywhere near to do anything more.

For anyone heading out there there is no point in trying to ride the Rangers. The bags are on very turn of every switch back.

excitable1
    Free Member

however in areas with significant erosion/gullying and areas of path spread we are going to have to use stone pitching.

What is meant by ‘stone pitching’, and an example of it would be ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Three cheers free beers for Helen!

excitable1
    Free Member

What is meant by ‘stone pitching’, and an example of it would be ?

Just had a look on tinternet and it is what I thought it was, large stones laid in a causeway fashion. There is a hell of a lot of stone up there for a hell of a lot of pitching 🙁

I can understand Helens concerns. The difference in the trail last year from the year before was phenomenal. With the really hard winter(s) some of the gullies had doubled in depth and the drops offs in amongst them had caused a few chicken runs off piste (not by me I hasten to add !) by walkers and bikers alike.

Despite the engagement and the assurances which is all commendable…. it just won’t be the same !

Northwind

excitable1 – Member

Just had a look on tinternet and it is what I thought it was, large stones laid in a causeway fashion.

Stone pitching can mean a lot of things- lots of stone pitch at fort william dh, coed y brenin etc.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon Ranger PSA’ is closed to new replies.