Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Snowdon car park for biking up Llanberis path
  • 4roads
    Free Member

Hi

I am planning on biking up Snowdon up the Llanberis path

Is the correct postcode LL55 4NY for this route ? ( It says Pen Y Pass car park ?)

If so is it easy to find the start ? (First time doing it)

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anywhere in llanberris is a good place to start, path heads up out the back of the station

Pen Y Pass is the place to start on foot, you don’t want a bike up there!!

More info here

Mountain Biking up Snowdon

flyingmonkeycorps

Nope, that’s at the bottom of the Pyg / Miners tracks. You want to be in Llanberis itself, I’ve parked in the one by the lake before but you’ll need to be there early to get a spot.

Or if you’re planning on heading down the Rangers path there’s a wee car park at the bottom of that.

scuttler

You’re on a bike. You don’t need convenient parking.

K

Not being rude but have you actually looked at a map? What happens if you take a wrong turn or the cloud comes in if you are having to ask if a post code is correct or if the start is easy to find?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Should someone be heading up there if they can’t work out the difference between a path and a BW? 🙄

sarawak
    Free Member

Yes. Pen y Pass will be fine. Costs an arm and a leg and if you get there much after 8.30 the place is full. But it’s a good place to start.

How are you going to get from there to the Llanberis path? It is a long ridedown the road, and an even longer ride back up at the end of the day.

I suggest you invest in an OS map and learn how to read it.

You are a MRT call out just waiting to happen. Take lots of warm clothing…you will probably find a lot more snowflakes on the summit.

whitestone
    Free Member

Crikey, the Monday morning crowd are up nice and early! 😳

If you are going up and down the Llanberis path then any of the car parks in Llanberis will do. It’s a while since I lived there so don’t know which charge and which don’t these days.

If you are doing the “classic” loop of: up the Llanberis path, down the Ranger’s and Telegraph Valley then either Llanberis or the car park at the Snowdon Ranger (here – http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=256494&Y=355107&A=Y&Z=120 ) near Rhyd Ddu will suffice. Again I don’t know the car park charges these days.

johnnystorm

You could also stay at the hotel opposite the train station and you’d be parked right at the start. There is also nice bunkhouse opposite The Heights pub which is where I stayed last time I was there.

As others have said….make sure you’re 100% with a map. My mate was up there this weekend and there is still snow about.

steveh

You don’t say when you plan to do it but note that from 1st may to end of September the voluntary ban is in place and no bikes on the mountain from 10am-5pm. Even before then if you plan to go up on a weekend do it early or late or it’ll be very busy and lots of stopping for folks.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Not being rude but

INSERT RUDENESS HERE 🙂

I use an OS map for the ride but doesn’t mean I don’t enter a post code for the SatNav to get the start. Tools for the job init.

K

Even basic Google maps has the Snowdon paths labelled so looking up the post code will tell the OP if it’s the right place… If he couldn’t work out how to get to the start of the desired path from the post code how would he cope with something going wrong while out?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh and mind out on the top of the slabs, if it’s icy a slip can be nasty

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon car park for biking up Llanberis path’ is closed to new replies.