Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • Snowdon, anyone fancy it?
  • Dark-Side

I’ve been wanting to ride Snowdon for a while and now the voluntary ban is at an end would like to give it a go before the weather (really) turns. My usual riding buddies don’t fancy at the moment, is anyone else considering it and fancies riding together? I’m pretty flexible on dates.

tomhoward

Nope 😀

Dark-Side

Thanks for your input Tom 😀

bearnecessities

You know what, I’ve fancied that for many years. However, I now don’t possess a tenth of the fitness required.

Good luck though.

bones76
    Free Member

When were you thinking? It is something i have wanted to do for years but never got round to it but right now am fit/strong and the time could be right! 😀

grum
    Free Member

You know what, I’ve fancied that for many years. However, I now don’t possess a tenth of the fitness required.

Good luck though.

+1

I’m sure I could get up there but I’m not sure I would have enough juice left to enjoy the descent.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve got fitness for it, I just don’t fancy it. Good luck though.

SOAP
    Free Member

IMO it wasn’t half as tuff as I thought it was going to be.
    If your going to do it try and go by the weather not a set date,also I’d go as early as possible to avoid the crowds.

jekkyl

It’s dead easy, get up there.

Dark-Side

bones76 – Member
    When were you thinking? It is something i have wanted to do for years but never got round to it but right now am fit/strong and the time could be right!

I’m pretty flexible Bones, I guess a Sunday would be best and I’d prefer October time. Any particular time work for you?

maxtorque

I might be up for this! Been meaning to do Snowdon for a while! I assume we’d do the usual up llanberis path, down the Rangers route?

Dark-Side

maxtorque – Member
    I might be up for this! Been meaning to do Snowdon for a while! I assume we’d do the usual up llanberis path, down the Rangers route?

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking Maxtorque.

maxtorque

Well, by bike is still on it’s Alpine settings left over from this summer, so that’s handy!

Dark-Side

Cool, when works for you timing wise maxtorque?

maxtorque

I’m pretty flexible, better sooner rather than later for me though, as i think i’m away towards the end of oct

Nipper99
    Free Member

Why would you want too – great hill summer and winter but never seen the attraction on a mtb, spose there is a cafe at the top.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have done it and it’s great fun. I pushed most of the climb due to being unfit but going down the rangers was a hoot. I would love to do it again and really push it on the DH. Unfortunately I can’t do October.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would be up for doing it on the 20 th if that is the date chosen
    Weather dependent though as I have done it in crap weather before
    Cracking ride IMHO

timc
    Free Member

Sunday 20th sounds good…

Dark-Side

I’ll see what response the 20th gets over breakfast, I’m off on a business trip on the 21st. If I get an ok let’s do it.

Lifer
    Free Member

Will keep an eye on this, 20th free at the moment if anyone’s driving from SE? Or has recommendation for bike friendly car rental…

+ If you don’t mind me tagging along!

Dark-Side

The more the merrier Lifer.

scblurlt
    Free Member

Been wanting to do this for ever , count me in for the 20th if it’s a goer

m0rk
    Free Member

What distance / ft climbing is it on the route?

I could be up for it

matt1986
    Free Member

Anyone going from the Manchester area?

johnnygooner
    Free Member

I’d love to and I’m good for the 20th if there’s room for one more? Reading the latest review of the route on Singletrack, I’d be expecting to push a bit on the way up and walk the odd section on the way down. As long as things are relaxed as there’s no pressure not to do either, I reckon it’d be a great day out and one to tick off. Let me know

Tom-B
    Free Member

I could well be up for this.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m flying into the UK on the 25th Oct and funnily enough it is on my list of rides to do. If you could do it that week I am in. 🙂

chrism110
    Free Member

im also looking to do this but like johnnygooner i will be pushing/walking most of the way up.
    im ok for most date’s really as long as its a weekend

Tiger6791

Lisa? oh yes 8)

jekkyl

Practice carrying your bike on your back, it’s quicker on the up where’s it’s very stoney/steep. Lots of it is cyclable though.

iolo
    Free Member

Will you be pushing down?
    Do you have a time machine?
    If you answer yes to both questions I think we may have finally solved it.

Dark-Side

matt1986 – Member
    Anyone going from the Manchester area?

I’ll be leaving from Chester if this helps?

Its looking like the 20th is viable for most people. Its not ideal for me, but I can make it work. Out of interest, would everyone also be OK with the 27th? This would accommodate the two people who can’t make the 20th.

chrism110
    Free Member

27th is ok for me

SOAP
    Free Member

http://youtu.be/ZU4VKykVqxY
    To get you in the mood The Rangers trail.
    Start at llanberis and not the Ranger hostel to save a bit of pointless climbing.
    If I was to do it again I’d go up and down the llanberis path.
    When you get to the gate at the bottom of the ranger trail 2nd part of the video turn 90 degrees right and push up the grasses hill to pick up the telegraph trail back to llanberis.
    Hope you get good weather.

bones76
    Free Member

I was hoping to do this ride through the week as i work most weekends and also race cross so the 20th is no good for me, unfortunately for me i am going to drop out but should anyone be free to go through the week rather than a weekend then let me know…Thanks

I am in the Lancashire area by the way and would prefer to car/van share… 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Is it doable on a tail of the hard variety?

boxfish
    Free Member

I hope so as, weather permitting, I’ll be doing this on Sunday.

Dark-Side

scandal42 – Member

A couple of mates have. They are still alive 😀

dazh

I’ve done the rangers path on a Cotic BFe and it’s fine if you’re ok on steep rocky/technical stuff. You’d probably want big(ish) forks though.

I may well be up for this but won’t know til closer the time. Either the 20th/27th should be ok.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon, anyone fancy it?’ is closed to new replies.