Snowbombing – Music Festival

Home Forum Chat Forum Snowbombing – Music Festival

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Snowbombing – Music Festival
  • boltonjon

Has anyone ever been to the Snowbombing music festival in Austria?

If so, what did they think of it? How good were the gigs, what was the atmosphere like and how was the skiing/boarding?

Premier Icon kimbers

Went a few years back

The music and line ups are pretty impressive and the street party loads of fun
    Some of the jump contests were impressive to o
    However it was late in the season so the snow wasnt great and got very tracked out

The bigger problem was v that with every coachload of hedonists arriving from Gatwick or Manchester that it got grimmer and grimmer, the main snowbombing hotel was a like a warzone

If you really want to go book into a separate hotel and head up to the glacier for the best snow

Not been to the festival but I’ve been to Mayrhofen. It’s quite a nice town with decent bars/restaurants etc (though reasonably small). The skiing/boarding in Mayrhofen itself isn’t amazing IMO – it was quite crowded when we were there even on a quiet week and there are usually big queues for the main lift out of town.

Zell am Ziller just down the road was much more enjoyable and we spent most of our time there.

My son went with mates last year. Sounded like they had a good time and the line-up was pretty good.

I’ve skied Mayrhofen quite a few times and quite like the place. Not massive but enough variety to suite all abilities. Not high either so can suffer late season. The main problem with the resort is that it attracts a lot of Brits… which is not a good thing! Must be even worse when Snowbombing is on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Snowbombing – Music Festival’ is closed to new replies.