Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Snowboarding!
  • 16stonepig
    Free Member

I’m off to Les Arcs on March 18th. Getting the Eurostar down overnight, so I should wake up surrounded by alps 😀
    Can’t wait. Checking the forecasts every day.

Has anyone else got any trips planned that they’d like to shout about?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’m very very jealous.

snowpaul
    Free Member

hope you get snow ! mates were there a few weeks ago and it was not good… I did 6 weeks in les arcs a few years ago and it is awesome !

paul

nedrapier

Woo! Have fun! I’m off to Cham on the weekend of the 12th March. It’s bare, but they’ve just had a bit of fresh. fingers crossed for a wodge more all round before then!

Has anyone else got any trips planned that they’d like to shout about?

3 weeks camping and splitboard touring in Greenland in April. 😀 Wavering between apprehension and excitement. And buying stuff.

peterfile
    Free Member

I spent Xmas/NY in Whistler, so that’s me done for the year unless I can get some time off in early April

2 weeks of utter bliss, jumping out of a helicopter into seemingly endless untracked powder on New Years Day is far more up my alley than dinner at the in laws 🙂

Just wish the lift passes were a bit more reasonable in Whistler…….£70 per day 🙄

legend
    Free Member

Les 2 Alpes on the 12th of March for me. Fully catered + wined for the first time too. Plenty of snow of there, and some fresh now too – can’t wait 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

Les 2 Alpes 😆

legend
    Free Member

Les 2 Alpes

excuse me??

TheSwede
    Free Member

It just amused me, that’s all. Wasn’t taking the michael. I just liked your englishization. That’s all but if you fancy a fight, I’m right grumpy tonight.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

don’t think i’ll head out tomorrow. powder day yesterday and still some fresh tracks to be made this morning. the weekend was ok i guess.

living in the alps has its perks 😉

legend
    Free Member

It just amused me, that’s all. Wasn’t taking the michael. I just liked your englishization. That’s all but if you fancy a fight, I’m right grumpy tonight.

no problem, not actually my englishization though: http://www.2alpes.com/

up for a fight any time you fancy it 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

Backing down. Just off the spin bike and all wobbly. It’s Duex Alps to us seasoned snowboarders though 😉

legend
    Free Member

[pendantic]you mean “Deux” Alpes?[/pedantic] 😉

true, this will only be my 5th visit in 25 years of skiing and boarding – certainly not seasoned yet!

TheSwede
    Free Member

I’ve been once 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m off to Austria on Saturday – yay!

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Have fun & play nice with the skierists now 8) I’m back out to that france place boarding early april and I guess I will just have to chase the snow high up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Serre Chevalier in March. On skis, because I iz not teh ghey on teh trey…

😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Good luck to all those off to europe it has been a bad season in a lot of places with little or no snow. Morzine could have ridden my bike!!

Bunnyhop

Scotland for us.
    Plenty of snow, maybe a wee bit windy though.

jam-bo

was in flaine first week of feb. No fresh snow but really good piste conditions and awesome weather.

already planning next years trip, hopefully Sainte Foy for a bit of a change.

bruk

Off to La Plagne on sat! It went 30 days without fresh snow but has had a tiny bit now and a wee bit more forecast.

TBH don’t matter too much, taking our 6 mth old son on our usual group trip so suspect may go swimming and sightseeing with him as much as boarding.

OK it’s an expensive holiday but we catch up with friends we don’t see much of the rest of the year and relax.

Missed it last year due to pregnancy and only got 1 bluebird day at Glenshee.

mustard
    Free Member

Cairngorm being closed when we went up last Sat has me thinking of flexing the plastic on a late season week in St Foy where a friend is working for the season.

Trying to do winter sports in Scotland is getting tiring; never seem to be free on the days there is snow and the roads and lifts are open 🙁

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Just did La Plagne (next to les arcs) a month ago and it dumped like foooooook on the day we got there and again on the 3rd day. the coach got stuck in the snow on the way to the resort.

Mint week…..and wasnt that busy

have fun !!

freeridenick
    Free Member

nedrapier – you going on Mcnabs trip?

Spent the last week of jan in Mt Blanc area
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/71958789@N00/sets/72157625944309550/show/

Off for some touring in march around the Vanoise 8)

bazzer
    Free Member

Off to Val D’Isere on the 4th of March for just over a week. My fourth trip of the season so far 🙂

Tracey

Going to Kaprun in Austria on the 26th of March, Abigale should have her pot off on the 5th [snapped her radius just above her wrist guard]but the consultant has recomended no snowboarding for her. Parental dilema as she says she is.

Raymond

I’m off to Morzine on the 11th of March. They just had 30cm of snow and more is forecast – fingers crossed for a powder day!

stevomcd
    Free Member

Not trips as such… 😉

Actually, I just signed-up to do the BASI level 2 snowboard instructor course in Hintertux this May, pretty excited about that. Going to do some bike riding as well while we’re there, then stop off around Lake Garda on the way back. Can’t wait!

nedrapier

The Swede – I think you’ll find the French use the same system of numerals as us!

FR Nick – semi-independent group, with support from same logistics company as McNab would be using.

Stevo – sounds like a good trip! Good luck!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I was in Les Arcs first week of feb. Beautiful weather but no snow. Stayed at Bike Village, most accommodating they were too.

OP – I went on the snow train. It’s ace. So much better than planes or buses. Two recommendations – slippers and those things you put over your eyes to block the light out and help you sleep (I can’t remember the name, not lids, could be mask). Oh, and a hip flask, quite a big one.

peachos
    Free Member

snapped her radius just above her wrist guard

yet another case of wrist guards simply not working. better to learn how to fall than think that these thing actually do anything!

out to Les Menuires on 19th for a week, return to UK for a few days and then out to stay with a mate in Morzine for a long weekend. can’t wait at all!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Ned – looking forward to a trip report on Splitboard.com 😛

which compnay is it out of interest as I have vague thoughts about a Greenland trip in a few years.

t_i_m
    Free Member

yet another case of wrist guards simply not working

The use of wrist guards is a strange one. The wrist is a bit of a crumple zone for the arm.
    So on small crashes, wrist gaurds will save your wrists.
    On large crashes, wrist guards will increase the risk of a big injury, where as no guards would let your wirst crumple (which is preferable to a big bone snap).

BTW, after a big bone snap, I no longer wear wrist guards. And have learnt to fall better!

nedrapier

nick – will do! – We’re using Tangent Logistics. We looked a Pirhuk too. email me if you want to know more – address in profile.

RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

I’m off to Austria on Saturday – yay!

Me to, went last year as well (Solden), can’t wait for the super efficient lifts and loads of really easy to get too off piste’s.

Really not looking forward to the CRAP music, what is that about Austria? It’s all DJ OZI and other such musical crimes… I think I’ll take my I Pod out for the Après Ski.

ddmonkey

On the subject of wrist guards, there are good ones and bad ones. Bad ones are worse than useless, good ones will work IMHO.

Tracey

What are the good ones, we are using Dakine

freeridenick
    Free Member

I would stay well clear of any wristguards.. they cause more damage than its worth.

Shandy
    Free Member

There aren’t any good wrist guards to be honest, you just can’t break your fall with your wrists safely. You are better off getting a big beefy pair of impact shorts and a helmet and learning to bail out safely when you fall.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Wrist guards are good for beginners, but it is counter intuitive to fall without putting your hands out. I think you need to sprain a wrist to learn this lesson!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Snowboarding!’ is closed to new replies.