snowboarding this year, post where

• This topic has 42 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by  jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • snowboarding this year, post where
  • jedi

chamonix in january for us. off piste πŸ˜€

olddog

Avoriaz for us – easing our way back in with a cheapy week early in the season after a 3 or so years off the snow. Perhaps looking for another big trip to Canadian Rockies next.

Premier Icon colp
    Subscriber

Maria Alm, Austria. 2 weeks over Xmas/New Year, 1 week end of Jan, 1 week Feb half term!

Premier Icon colp
    Subscriber

And it’s chucking it down with snow right now.

Apartment Amade – Maria Alm – Live Webcam

Premier Icon maxtorque
    Subscriber

Never been Boarding before, really want to go early next year! Wondering if i should get a bit of practice here first? (MK dome is just down the road πŸ˜‰

mikezer0

Tignes, for two months from mid December! Awooooga!

Also, don’t call it boarding…

πŸ™‚

mikezer0

Deffo have a few lessons at a dome, it’ll be a big help.

Premier Icon maxtorque
    Subscriber

LOL at that ranty article! All the more reason to keep calling it Boarding just to annoy people like that….. πŸ˜‰

Let face it, we can call Mountain Biking just “Biking”!

shifter

Serre Chevalier, Solden and I’ll call it WETF I like πŸ™‚

Premier Icon cobrakai
    Subscriber

Zermatt tomorrow. Leave booked for 2 weeks in jan!

After the last 12 years on the board, I’m back on my skis and were off to the legend that is Kitzbuhel for a week and a couple of trips to France at some point too…

Already had a day at Cairngorm and it’s looking like Scotland is going to get another mega season πŸ™‚

If it keeps dumping in the alps, there will be a season long avalanche risk… It’s looking like an El NiΓ±o season !

shifter

Boardin’s for dads!

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

In my daydreams…

5% boarders only in Bad Hofgastein last season…. Worrying times for board companies.

Morzine, December to April πŸ˜€

Premier Icon Mike-E
    Subscriber

Tignes in March; looking good so far…

jedi

boarding feels and looks better than sking to me πŸ™‚

sweepy

On the hill I like snowboarding, It doesn’t really matter to me what other people are on.

It’ll be Scotland.

Premier Icon Speeder
    Subscriber

Planning a long weekend snowboarding for March and we’ll book last minute wherever has the best snow. It’ll be rubbish as I’m desperately unfit having hardly ridden the bike and we’ve not seen snow for 3 years having had a couple of kids but I still can’t blinking wait.

Especially as it could be the last snowboarding holiday for a while as we’ll probably switch to skis for a few years when we start taking the kids as I understand they can’t snowboard until they’re about 8 or so.
    I’ve always hated the idea of skiing before but I quite fancy the challenge of learning something new now especially with parabolics working a lot more like boards these days. I do feel like I’ll be a bit of a traitor but like Arnie, I’ll be back. (Though I will be nearly 50 by then – scary!!)

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

as I understand they can’t snowboard until they’re about 8 or so

burton don’t seem to think so, search youtube for the burton chopper. lots of toddlers on snowboards.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

as I understand they can’t snowboard until they’re about 8 or so

They can’t do lessons until they’re 8.
    Obviously the Burton Chopper vids will be of local kids with time to go and learn themselves (teach themselves?) which is slightly different.

Doing another season in the shee…..had my first non lift assisted slide yesterday. Also got a lads trip in the planning stages for next year too…need a new board boots skis and boots…not sure yet how I’m paying for them.managed to wear my boots out last year…

HansRey
    shifter

Looks rubbish.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

In my head, πŸ™

Itll be a few years before the littleuns are old enough for a family trip!

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Les Deux Alpe for me for the first time in 4 years. I’ll need a trip to a fridge just to remember how to turn again.

ocrider

They can’t do lessons until they’re 8.

This.

I gave in to the demands of my 5 year-old and we switched from skis on the last afternoon of our holiday and I took her to the nursery slope with the conveyor belt to teach her the basics: Side slipping heelside, falling leaf, heelside stopping.
    I’m not going to sing the praises of my daughter (best daughter in the world, evah!) I’ll just say that she’s the ‘sporty one’ at school, but she picked these up without too much difficulty and then she decided to try toeside. We called it a day a few minutes later πŸ˜†

We’ll see how she gets on in March.

Oh, Valmorel en famille.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Jasna in Slovakia again.

And probably somewhere in the Alps too.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Just reread the title and should apologise, I will be on skis not a board. Don’t want to get a reputation here…

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

Dunno yet! πŸ™‚

Probably Chamonix at some point, even if it’s just a cheeky weekend – got a very good friend there. And I’m pretty keen on going back to the Lyngen Alps in Norway for some late April touring, but I need to do a bit of a sales job on few mates for that one. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Will stick to 2 planks forwards, rather than tethering my feet together and going sideways. But Meribel, Zillertal, and Dolomites, if you’re interested.

Premier Icon dafoxster
    Subscriber

Season pass for Carinthia province resorts (32ish) in Austria for me. Already managed 4 days at the glacier with one awesome power day. Getting excited because in a couple of weeks all the resorts start opening and there has been a lot of snow above 1000m in the last week.

cr500dom

I potentially have a pass out, as Ive not been for 4 seasons, but the Kids are too young and the Mrs is not fussed. so need to find a group to go with really.
    I spent 2000-2009ish seasons in Meribel, really miss it :o(

ads678

Either pas de la casa, Andorra or Ax les thermes, French Pyrenees. Not sure yet, my sister lives in the Pyrenees and is booking it.

First year both our kids and my sis and bro-in-laws kids are all in ski school, so we actually get a bit of time on the hill by ourselves. Will be the first time in about 4 years me and the missus can actually ride together! Ooer!!

jedi

I’m booked and everything.treated myself to anew never summer so board too.

Sui

Mayrhofen 18th Jan … This will be after 4 seasons off the board..

rexated

Can’t afford it this year….got a UK Bike Skills course to pay for in January πŸ˜†

Don’t break anything Jedi!!

makkag

Les Arcs – Jan 25th hurry up – bugger xmas

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘snowboarding this year, post where’ is closed to new replies.