Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Snowboard boots…size up?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Just looking at my first pair of boots and was wondering whether it’s the done thing to buy half a size up (10.5 vs 10) or just to buy the same as my shoe size?

jam-bo

Try them, heel lift is a killer.

nixie

Boots loosen as they age and they hurt when they are loose (heal lift). I go for fitting properly and using snow board socks that are normal sock thickness where they are in the boot (with some extra padding of areas that take a lot of pressure).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nixie

Heat molding liners are well worth it for comfort.

ads678

Try some get the ones that fit regardless of what it says on them.
    You need the correct fit or your feet will hurt and they won’t be as responsive as they should be.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Should they feel pretty snug at first then?
    I tried some size 10’s on and they felt quite tight. Will they loosen a up after a day or two or will it take longer than that?

vintagewino
    Free Member

They should feel tighter than a gnat’s chuff when you put them on (but fitting – i.e. no pressure points and not too short in the toes). They will loosen off a lot over the first few runs and will break down significantly over a few weeks of riding them.

As above, mouldable liners are a big plus and I also would consider custom insoles. Good ski shops will do them. I haven’t ridden without a pair for 20 years.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Snowboard boots…size up?’ is closed to new replies.