Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Snow Foam… With wax?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hey Chaps,

After having a nightmare with wax stuck on my windscreen, I’m generally thinking of staying away from cleaners with wax in them.

But… Snow Foam with wax in, those that have used it, have you found any problems with streaking windscreens after using it?

I usually use Bilt Hamber auto foam, which is wax free, but it’s a little more spendy than other stuff.

Cheers!

Ricks

convert

Never heard of snow foam with wax in it. Plenty promise to be wax safe, i.e. mild enough not to strip wax.

I’ve used https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/super-snow-foam-5-litre and https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005JN5V5M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 recently and both seem good and not that spendy considering how many washes you can get out of them (different concentrations so the price per lt is not representative) . Not aware that either contain wax.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Built hamber is one of the best snow foams for cleaning. Wax is old school now, it’s all about the ceramic. I snow foam them use gyeon bath+ shampoo followed by a coat of gyeon wet coat. The wet coat is really easy and lasts a couple of months, just spray on and wash off. My wife thought it was a good idea to get a black car, so this is now my weekly task!

retro83
    Free Member

I usually use Bilt Hamber auto foam, which is wax free, but it’s a little more spendy than other stuff.

I would stick with it, it’s one of (if not the) best on the market.

My wife thought it was a good idea to get a black car, so this is now my weekly task!

Take a look at ONR. I’ve started using it and it’s a massive time saver (compared to snowfoam, 2 bucket method, plus the time to get out the pressure washer etc). I followed the guide on detailing world which tells you how to use it without risk of creating swirls/marring.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Snow Foam… With wax?’ is closed to new replies.