Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Snow day?
  • Admiralable
    Free Member

Well I’m sat at work with the snow getting heavier and heavier and my trains getting later and later or cancelled. At what point should I say excuse me I need to go home?

oddjob
    Free Member

After lunch 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

About half an hour ago? 😉

iainc

where are you ?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Wait until normal finish time by which point all the people who have been bringing the roads to a halt all day will either have left their cars or just got home.

It will then take less time than normal to get home.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Based in Cardiff

About 5 inches deep in Wimborne, Dorset.

Boss has just shut the site and we’re off home.

molgrips
    Free Member

How’s that snow in Cardiff? I was meant to go for an interview in Cwmbran at 9am before coming to work in Farnborough, but I cancelled because I thought if I got out of South Wales early enough I could beat the snow. The agent was a right arse about it but it looks like I made the right decision as I had a clear run.

Waderider
    Free Member

Go home?! That attitude is why this country can’t cope. Get on with your work.

Drac

Normal finishing time or if like my staff last night then about 3 hours after normal finishing time.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Snow? What snow? None here, clear blue skies

Back to work with you

Pickers

Drove in to work this morning without too much difficulty, took a bit longer that’s all.
    Sales director drove in (3 hours) got stuck at the gate, turned round and went straight home (another 3+ hours).
    One of the girls drove in, said it was ok but slippy. Then said she was off if it looked like freezing over. Bear in mind it was -8 here at the time.
    We have around 1/3 of our normal staff in.

Admiralable
    Free Member

About 1″1/2 of snow fell in 2 hours. Finally got told to go home AFTER the first train got cancelled. Got to station to be told they’re all cancelled until at least 7pm so now I’m stuck. If they’d have let me go when I said I needed to I’d be home and dry and be able to collect kids from childminders.

Waderider
    Free Member

One and a half inches? As the kids say, LOL etc.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You left work because of one and a half inches of snow ????

epicsteve
    Free Member

There was maybe 4″ of snow here and a surprising number of people have been in the office today, considering that the majority of them can work from home if they want.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Molgrips – Cwmbran was fine and clear this am – we had our storage stuff delivered to our new house in Cardiff from a company in Cwmbran and I was shocked when the massive Lorry turned up 45mins early – the lads on the truck said how much worse the snow in Cardiff was than Cwmbran, dont blame you for not bothering though 😀

jam-bo

I didn’t even try and get in. good choice as my route to work was a choice between a foot of snow over the moors or demolition derby through plymouth and along the a38.

I’ve actually caught up with loads of stuff that never gets to the top of list when I’m in the office and getting distracted.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

You left work because of one and a half inches of snow ????

But whats the point of going into the office if you end up spend 2 hours on the train each way. You might as just well work from home.

My boss suggested I go in today for a “meeting”. We spent about 5 minutes talking but I spent about 4 hours today either on the train or waiting at stations time I could of spent working !

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Snow day?’ is closed to new replies.