Snow and ice in the Lakes?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Snow and ice in the Lakes?
  • Kit

I know this is a bit like asking “so what’re the weather conditions like in Scotland” (i.e. pretty generalised question!) but, you know, humour me 🙂

Thinking of heading down in the next couple of days, no idea where as yet, wondering how much snow/ice there is still around. Thinking Garburn Pass, Grizedale (not NF Trail), Ullswater as the areas I kinda know to ride.

Ta muchly, Kit

GaVgAs

Its pretty much clear at the moment, Only icey bits are high level and in the sheltered bits,Garburn should be ok. 😉

Around Coniston/Grizedale area theres not much left, its been relatively warm here the last few days.

liquid

Up over Garburn today and it fine other than a couple of very obvious ice patches

Blower

high street?

B.A.Nana

Hi

There was a dumping of 4inches of fresh snow around Boxing Day in the Coniston/Grizedale area, after that it got warmer and just drizzled rain, I tried a round of Grizdale TNF trail on Wednesday 29th afternoon, it was a complete waste of time with 4inches of slushy snow, gave up after 30mins+. However, next morning (30th) in Coniston there was much less snow and probably even less now, a few days of higher temps makes a difference, so probably very ridable now with just patches in sheltered spots.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Snow and ice in the Lakes?’ is closed to new replies.