Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Snapping Valves
  • ali69er
    Free Member

Just out of interest, does anyone else have this problem. Setting up tubeless at the weekend, one wheel goes up fine, the second one, not so. Just trying to remove the valve core and the little round bit on top of the valve completely unscrews. I was using pliers but didn’t expect this to happen. Then, went and got a replacement. Same thing. Am I applying too much torque? Or something else?

BadlyWiredDog

You shouldn’t be turning the round bit on top at all when you’re taking the valve core out, the lower section of the removable core has flats on the side which are what you need to turn.

There’s a little Park Tool that costs a fiver or something and works really well. You can screw the bit you unscrewed back on btw.

matther01
    Free Member

Thats all too fiddly for me…just pop a little bit of the tyre off the rim, syring the stans in then pop the tyre back…2 min job.

svalgis
    Free Member

Thats all too fiddly for me…just pop a little bit of the tyre off the rim, syring the stans in then pop the tyre back…2 min job.

It’s not to fill up with stans but to help seat the bead. Removing the valve cores does wonders for that.

ali69er
    Free Member

Bugger, realised where I have gone wrong. I wonder how badly I have damaged the first valve.

The tyre has stayed up however. So Maybe not so bad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Snapping Valves’ is closed to new replies.