Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • smurf hats
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

A lot of the yoot at the moment seem to be wearing something that looks like a cross between a beanie for a smurf, and a tea cosy put through the washing machine on the wrong cycle.
    Anyone know what they’re called, so that I can direct my middle-aged scorn more accurately.

BigJohn

I thought it was just kids round our way that were wearing those snoods.

They started doing it about a year ago and I too thought of Smurf hats.

psychle
    Free Member

Something like this perhaps? (as modeled by the eminently tosser like ‘Dappy’ of N-dubz…)

IanMunro
    Free Member

Nah, it’s more like one of those baggie things that people stick their dreads under, but without the dreads.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

This sort of thing?

Sherpa Beanie.

robdob
    Free Member

No no no. Imagine a thin wooly hat that, instead of being elasticated to fit the head, is just a sort of baggy material.
    Instantly makes you look like a crusty.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Nah, I can tolerate those, at least they roughly fit the head.
    A bit more googling has found em (or at least a variant, as there’s more shapeless ones dangling off heads round here)
    Slouchy Beanies

Now I have a name to shape my hatred around 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Like this muppet:

[/slaps forehead in despair]

IanMunro
    Free Member

Kerching!!

hels
    Free Member

Whenever I see anyone with a Sherpa beanie I can’t help thinking of the immortal Frank Flasheart “like the beard bridesmaid, gives me something to hang on to !” The same goes for those stupit tails.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s a nice pic of N Dubz displaying their mental age.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thanks. I now have the Smurf theme tune in my head 😐

Did you know that BluTack is actually Smurf poo?

Cougar

And I was thinking Jayne Hat.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I prefer all of the above (except nappy) to the baseball caps that yoofs like to leave the stickers on the peaks. Like this.

My brother has a number of them and gets really upset when I suggest taking the stupid stickers off them.

Cougar

I’d suggest keeping the sticker and losing the hat.

Martz
    Free Member

Burn it, if you lose it, you might find it again.

robdob
    Free Member

I wear baseball hats quite often, normally plain skate style ones but they’ve all changed to that flat peak style. Usually have glitzy logos on them now. I don’t really want to look like a hard hitting gangsta so my hats are getting really old and tatty now.

bassspine
    Free Member

and another thing about baseball caps. There are only two types of people who are entitled to wear a baseball cap backwards. Baseball backstops and welders.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘smurf hats’ is closed to new replies.