Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Smorgasbord on the rear…?
  • pedlad

Postie brought me one of these to replace a worn rear so hoping to fit over the weekend. Question is , is there agreement on running it counter to the rotation arrow for the rear?

I’ve seen people mention they’ve done it and a-ok, whilst another post said he hated it on the rear but no mention of rotation set-up.

Bucko

Go for a ride and take some tyre levers and a pump. Either way i’m sure the grip can’t be any worse than your previous worn tyre

composite
    Free Member

Tired both didn’t notice any difference. Currently it’s on the “correct” way round.

pedlad

I’ll be running it tubeless with gunk so don’t want the hassle of testing and swapping if I can help it….hence the question

Composite – If no difference noted between the two I might go with the other posters statement about running it backwards. Have a crack at putting it on at the weekend.

toys19
    Free Member

I’ll be running it tubeless with gunk so don’t want the hassle of testing and swapping if I can help it….hence the question

Just turn the wheel round..

Cheezpleez

What are the supposed advantages or reversing them? I have a couple of these in 29er flavour and find them quite drifty, in a good way. No problems with grip for forward traction or braking

tmb467
    Free Member

Probably no difference but we used to do it back in the days of a panaracer smoke / dart combination

Paddle effect on the centre of the tyre allegedly gave more grip when reversed and the blocks gave more support when they were reversed too

As I said, probably a load of rubbish but its stuck with me.

I shall await a qualified expert to point out the flaws in my story!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Smorgasbord on the rear…?’ is closed to new replies.