Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Smoove (again…)
  • dirkpitt74

So I notice that the fine folk at STW are now perveyors of Smoove.

So is it really an ‘all year’ lubricant?

I usually use the Muc-Off ceramic wet and dry lubes, but with the weather being shit most of the time I usually end up with the wrong lube on the chain.

So if I switch to Smoove will my decision on which lube today never have to cross my mind again?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Prefer Turrell myself.

tthew

I’ve been using it for nearly 12 months. It doesn’t capillary into the chain as well as anything else I have used in the past, and my chains definately suffer from more external corrosion than previously. I maybe don’t do the full de-greasing often enough, but doesn’t seem to last appreciably longer than anything else.

My search for the ultimate chain lube continues!

Poopscoop

Quite liking Smoove here.

So as usual, no consensus on stw.😆

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I like it,it was great through the drier months.I’m experiencing much less chain wear than usual.Too early to say how it performs now the going is wetter/muddier,but seems to be doing OK at mo just with more frequent applications.
    Seems to of worked a treat on a strip and lube service of my Reverb too .

bigwatts
    Free Member

I’m finding it really good. I’m getting a lot longer chain life than with squirt. My latest chain is on 6501 miles with smoove and still isn’t anywhere near 0.75 stretch. The previous one (Same chain, bike and conditions) lasted 2369 miles with squirt.
    Smoove is definitely quieter than squirt too and never seems to suffer the grinding noise in the wet. It also lasts better on longer rides. I do a lot of 100+ mile rides and some times go 2 or 3 rides between re lube. Squirt I used to do every ride and never felt it lasted more than about 60 miles. Less if wet.
    Squirt was probably cleaner though. Smoove gums up even when used little and often. It’s a worth while trade though.

paton
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Smoove (again…)’ is closed to new replies.