• This topic has 30 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Smoking. Reinvented?
  • mrchrist

Indoor Cigs

Just saw these advertised on STW….. words escape me!!!!!

scaled
    Free Member

A starter kit is pretty ominous!

Maybe there’s a gap in the junkie market, package up a needle, tourniquet and a bag of skag and stick an ad on mums net.

binners

Have you been living in a cave for the last year? Clearly you’ve not been to the pub. They’re very popular.

I’m considering them myself, so I get to stick around to annoy people for longer than the more traditional nicotine delivery system will allow me. And so all the whining anti-smokers will have to pay more tax

Jamie
    Free Member
    nealglover
    Free Member

…… words escape me!!!!!

Really ?

Do you think that giving up smoking is such a bad idea.

I’ve not had a cigarette for 4 years by using these, can’t see why you would have any issue with it to be honest.

Do you have the same issue with Nicorette chewing gum or Patches ?

Drac

I’ve never seen anyone in pub with them.

yunki
    Free Member

I understand the immediate respiratory health benefits of these, but surely 4 years of continued nicotine addiction is not the ideal situation..

The biggest benefit I have gained from quitting smoking is that I am no longer a slave to an addiction and most importantly for me, nor am I at the mercy of bad moods, reduced oxygen levels, altered dopamine levels etc from the dosage/withdrawal cycle that accompanies habitual nicotine abuse..

duckman

nor am I at the mercy of bad moods, reduced oxygen levels in the brain etc from the dosage/withdrawal cycle that accompanies habitual nicotine abuse..

Sorry, but your posting history would suggest otherwise…. 😆

yunki
    Free Member

😆

fair point..

trail_rat
    Free Member

its the fudds you see thinking they can use them on a plane that make me laugh – probably the same folk that use kindles when it clearly states no electronic devices on take off…. (i know a kindle will have no effect but dems the rules)

binners

Where you drinking Drac? Obviously not somewhere populated by bitter, disillusioned and broken 40-somethings

mrchrist

Really ?

Do you think that giving up smoking is such a bad idea.

Nope just amazed that “smoking has been reinvented”

Have you been living in a cave for the last year? Clearly you’ve not been to the pub. They’re very popular.

No to the cave. Yes to going to a pub. Will keep an eye out for the last point.

I guess I mocking the way they are being promoted more than the product themselves: Premium Started Kits for example!?!

Anything that helps you stop smoking is good though.

jota180
    Free Member

its the fudds you see thinking they can use them on a plane that make me laugh

Some allow them, I was on an airline in the US that did and Ryanair certainly do. I’ve never seen that many TBH though

patriotpro
    Free Member

Four years addicted to e-cigs is better than 4 years addicted to ‘proper’ cigs.

I’ve not formed this opinion upon the findings of any scientific reseasrch but it’s the tar in proper cigs that contains all the carcinogens and other crap int it?

PS – The e-cigs are remarkably authentic too!

nealglover
    Free Member

I understand the immediate respiratory health benefits of these, but surely 4 years of continued nicotine addiction is not the ideal situation..
    The biggest benefit I have gained from quitting smoking is that I am no longer a slave to an addiction and most importantly for me, nor am I at the mercy of bad moods, reduced oxygen levels, altered dopamine levels etc from the dosage/withdrawal cycle that accompanies habitual nicotine abuse..

I use 0% nicotine juice a lot of the time, I just like the Menthol (extra string mint) flavour and it stops from EVER thinking about smoking again.

The nicotine juice I use is so weak these days that I could probably do 0% all the time really.

Still makes no odds to me, I don’t smoke anymore, and that’s what I was aiming for.
    I can ride and run again, which I struggled with hugely when I was smoking 40 Bensons/day !

its the fudds you see thinking they can use them on a plane that make me laugh

I’ve asked on every flight I’ve been on in the last four years (maybe 12?) and every time I’ve been allowed.
    I keep it subtle though so its not attracting attention.

I don’t use it in pubs/bars/restaurants/shops etc though. As it looks too “authentic” and I’m not the sort who would do it just so I can be a smart arse when someone complains that I’m “smoking”

Just like I don’t try my hardest to look like I’m stealing stuff when I’m not, in the supermarket 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Guess they may work for people trying to give up, but still makes the hand/mouth association which is part of the habit for some people.

Giving up myself (again!) I’m using patches again and just reducing dosage over a few weeks.

If you just smoke and really have to use these as you can’t be bothered to go outside or cope without a fag for a short time, maybe you need to have a word with yourself 😉 #grumpy not smoking mode # 😳

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive seen them being asked to put them off and away on BA and Air france flights.

Ive seen full blown arguements about it.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

No idea how true this is, but I’ve heard that airlines don’t like folk using them as they can create smokers envy in other smokes who can’t then go and have a real cig.

yunki
    Free Member

Giving up myself (again!) I’m using patches again and just reducing dosage over a few weeks.

ok, If I can offer a bit of advice – ignore the manufacturers instructions and try to reduce your dosage over just a few days instead..
    I smoked for almost 30 years, starting before puberty and found that 3 days of patches was enough to break the habit and get used to less nicotine..

it might not work for you, but what’s the harm in trying? You might save a lot of time and a few quid too

Pieface

I think alot of smokers take these up because they’re cheaper than fags

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers Yunki, it’s usually a week on each strength for me as they make me feel a bit shit, that quick a ‘snap’ over 3 days will make me a total nightmare grumpyness wise 😉
    The stopping isn’t such an issue more the staying stopped, sneaky fag down the pub is the usual issue, however have stopped drinking (along with not eating meat too) so should be less of an issue now.
    (sound like a bag of laughs don’t I 😉 )

patriotpro
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member
    No idea how true this is, but I’ve heard that airlines don’t like folk using them as they can create smokers envy in other smokes who can’t then go and have a real cig.

The airline is missing a money-making opp there surely.

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re missing a trick and should sell branded ones at a hugely inflated price !

yunki
    Free Member

sneaky fag down the pub is the usual issue

ah yeah.. the quitters nemesis

The only way that I found to get around that was to move house to an area with no pubs..

verses

A mate was asked to “smoke” his outside a few weeks back. The bloke was aware it was a fake, but still insists on them being taken outside…

messiah
    Free Member

Sod re-inventing smoking… lets get back to how smoking should be done.

Wife in kitchen…

jota180
    Free Member

Wife in kitchen…

She looks content with her newspaper and pipe

patriotpro
    Free Member

messiah – Member
    Wife in kitchen…

I hope that’s doing the cooking.

binners

Kitchen? Who unlocked the cellar?

jota180
    Free Member

The airline is missing a money-making opp there surely.

They’re missing a trick and should sell branded ones at a hugely inflated price !

Opportunities like that are never missed by Ryanair 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VscVrnQARnw[/video]

Drac

Where you drinking Drac? Obviously not somewhere populated by bitter, disillusioned and broken 40-somethings

No England.

HAHA! 😆

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Smoking. Reinvented?’ is closed to new replies.