Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • smoking, could it happen here.
  • grum
    Free Member

They OD’d, and it’s highly likely they’d have done so if they’d have got their stuff from Boots instead of dodgy derek the yardie.

The reason people OD is generally due to the vastly variable purity/quality of the drugs they are taking. If they were regulated this wouldn’t happen. I’m sure the odd person would still OD but it would be much less common.

There’s quite a lot of good evidence about this.

IMHO the only way the’d still be alive is if they just couldn’t get the stuff at all.

How do you suggest going about making that happen?

zilog6128

t never fails to amaze me how many supposedly intellegent people think it is a good idea for the state to legislate as to what it deems acceptable for adults to ingest into their own bodies? What business of the state’s is it?

Does it not bother you that tobacco companies make their money by getting people addicted to their product, which then slowly kills them?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The only person I’ve ever known to die from a heroine overdose did so because she didn’t know what its purity was, she would be alive today if had got it from Boots at a known strength. She didn’t want to die.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

zilog – but it’s the smoker’s choice. Same for Cadburys, beer, Burger King et al.

All I’ll say is that as

a) an ex smoker (5 years), I HATE the smell of smoke either in the air, on my clothes or in my vicinity.

b) with a Friday beer in my hand, I’d love a couple of Marlborough Menthols; all due to this thread!

5thElefant
    Free Member

I very much doubt that. They OD’d, and it’s highly likely they’d have done so if they’d have got their stuff from Boots instead of dodgy derek the yardie. IMHO the only way the’d still be alive is if they just couldn’t get the stuff at all.

Prohibition failed to do that. I can’t think of anything useful prohibition does. It’s a huge self-defeating waste of money.

aracer
    Free Member

Well, having had five friends die from drug ODs; I’m quite happy that heroin and crack aren’t available in Tescos.

I know it’s already been done, but I’m just astounded by the huge logical fallacy in that sentence.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The reason people OD is generally due to the vastly variable purity/quality of the drugs they are taking. If they were regulated this wouldn’t happen. I’m sure the odd person would still OD but it would be much less common.

Surely the main reason people od is because they have foolishly taken the drugs in the first place.

grum
    Free Member

Surely the main reason people od is because they have foolishly taken the drugs in the first place.

Yes but the main reason people die is being born in the first place. 😕

wrecker
    Free Member

I know it’s already been done, but I’m just astounded by the huge logical fallacy in that sentence.

Doesn’t take much then.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m just astounded

Have you not spotted any straw men yet then?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘smoking, could it happen here.’ is closed to new replies.