Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • SMEG fridges
  • 69er
    Free Member

Thinking about getting one (well Mrs Ona is). Not a new one, we're not that posh… but for those that are, what are you experiences?

gamo
    Free Member

look nice(well retro one's)but ours ice's up inside really quickly
    other than that it does what it should, probably not as good as the
    bosch one it replaced!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Sorry..but I just couldn't have something labelled "Smeg" in my kitchen!! 8)

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Our's was rubbish. very Italian, Nice looking but a host of problems that lead to it's early demise.

teagirl
    Free Member

The internal capacity isn't the greatest, but they look good!

tang
    Free Member

look good, do ice up a bit and unless you get them spot on level the door wont seal up properly, as it happens im just moving to a house with a massive mint green one in! tbh id go bosch.

Bunnyhop

Don't go there.
    We have a 1950's house and bought a miele with a rock 'n roll look, which is loads better.

flatback
    Free Member

the smeg fridge is a italian make its a gorenje with a fancy door on it, gorenje costs 200 fit a fancy door and charge 1100

tang
    Free Member

if you can do it go miele.

stevemorg2

Smeg look great but are absolute rubbish! We've bought a Miele one and its is so much better

lodious
    Free Member

I was told by a shop which sold Smeg fridges to avoid them as the seals go, and cost lots to replace.

boxelder

Seals go, ice up and the trays in the door crack and fall out.
    Sell you ours?

kerv
    Free Member

we bought a new build with three smeg appliances though not the big posh fridge (we're not that posh either,) they are all shite. The hob lasted a month, the oven door fell to pieces and the fridge is just generally rubbish.

squin
    Free Member

Look nice but are expensive tat. Don't buy one. We had one and it was absolute sh1te.

grantway
    Free Member

Crap products dont sell anything Smeg anymore

69er
    Free Member

Decision made! SMEG can smeg off. 😆

Thankyou one and all!

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I got one about a month ago abnd I admit it was purely for the look. I think its quite good: It chills and freezes which is basically all you can ask for in a fridge/freezer.

And its really quiet. Almost silent.

br
    Free Member

You're going to buy a secondhand fridge!

What are you, Pikeys?

69er
    Free Member

No, we're poor posh people.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good answer. 8)

ART

We have a look alike .. Scandinavian brand I think.. which is fine but would go for Miele or the like next time around. Do have (cheapo) SMEG oven and diswasher though and they are fine. 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Dont you mean Posh Poor 😉

HTTP404
    Free Member

Dont you mean Posh Poor

Actually, I think he means "middle-class with rich friends".

srrc
    Free Member

It's not "Smeg", it's "Smug".

Or at least it used to be in Fulham until Charles lost his job as estate agent/banker (delete as appropriate).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If I had to buy a fridge I would buy one of these

I WAS going to get one but then our boiler karked it and we decided that hot water and heating was more important than chilled food.

Aristotle
    Free Member

"We're all middle-class now"

Anyway, who really cares that much about a refrigerator?

The same people who buy an Aga because it's just sooo much, er, less convenient?

Why would a house need an enormous refrigerator? Just because Americans have them, doesn't mean that we do.

We chill far too much of our food these days. In most cases it is just not needed.

Bunnyhop

Aristotle – I'm going to bury mine in the garden if we have a winter like last year. 🙂
    Mean't bury food!

algarvebairn
    Free Member

We've got a fridge in the garage and I reckon thats its colder outside the fridge than inside in the winter.

clunker

Had one for five years, it looks the part from the outside but the plastics inside are poor quality.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I'm going to bury mine in the garden if we have a winter like last year.

At first I thought that you were talking about a DIY ground-source heat pump.

nonk
    Free Member

i got one on a deal with my kitchen its rubbish i hate it.

tommo
    Free Member

I had to buy a fridge about 6 months ago and came to the conclusion Liebherr was one of the best makes.
    Do some research on it, but when I was looking the brand was consistently recommended. They're not cheap or flash looking though.

Radioman

Agree with above We have SMEG double Oven , SMEG Hob SMEG dishwasher. We are very dissapointed with all of them . Quality /design is rubbish, BUT they look good.

I would NOT buy that make again. Even our electrician cannot get the light in the hob to work. The oven is very smoky makes lots of noise from the fan and the temp transfers are wearing off. Their dishwashers are VERY bad…seem to be designed by someone with toy plates.

kunoichi
    Free Member

Agree with Aristotle – fridge freezers are just too big. Finding it hard to find a small, good quality one that doesn't look like the monolith from 2001 a space odyssey.

fatmax

+1 for Meile, top notch stuff – huge capacity, well designed, no icing up and a few £100 cheaper…

Haribo
    Free Member

we have one but the new house has inbuilt stuff. Looks like i have a grands worth of beer fridge 😳

Bunnyhop

Our Miele fridge freezer isn't too big. The freezer part is a 3 drawer, there was a 4 drawer option, we didn't need all that capacity.

mattjng
    Free Member

I was looking at one of these a couple of years ago, but after loads of bad reviews from people I went for a Gorenje instead.

Similar look and it has been great.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘SMEG fridges’ is closed to new replies.