Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • smartish shoes that are good for walking in?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Been looking for some smartish shoes that I can walk some distance in that would be good in this horrible weather

I went to timberland today and they didn’t have my size in practically everything in the shop, I have also had a quick butchers at clarks but they just seem to be something i might look at in 20 years time

Any ideas?

I’ve had salomon xa pros for many years. They are comfy, but also hideous

MrSmith
    Free Member

Trickers with commando sole.

psling
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member
    Trickers with commando sole.

😆

Brasher Countrymaster:

Though I’m guessing you may be a bit young for sensible 🙂

mcboo
    Free Member

Redwing – accept no substitute

d45yth
    Free Member

Ha, Redwing are fancy work boots, not smart shoes.
    OP, I know some will disagree with me here and say these are for chavs, certain Rockport shoes would fit your needs. Years ago they had a team who ran marathons in their shoes to show how comfy/capable they were.

chrisdw
    Free Member
    mcboo
    Free Member

Redwings are only work boots if you are an East London creative and your name is Nathan Barley. Damn nice footwear though…..

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m on my second pair of these:

http://www.amazon.com/ECCO-Track-Outdoor-Coffee-11-11-5/dp/B001UE7BDO

1st pair lasted 5 years and probably would have went for longer.

Comfy, hard wearing, good waterproofing.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a pair of Meindl approach shoes that Id be Ok wearing at work

But more to the point they are excellent walking shoes. Best approach shoes Ive owned and they have decent soles rather than anything with that vibram crap on the bottom.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

As usual on clothing threads MrSmith is on the money. Trickers for me are not cheap but worth the extra £, I have had mine for about 6 months now very comfy & well made. I would prefer one pair of proper boots than several others.

househusband

At 42 I acknowledge that I am now old enough to seriously consider the Brasher shoes recommended above… 😐

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don’t do it Househusband.

ton

Dr Marten dealer boots.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Those brasher shoes above look quite simple and classy IMHO. Mind u I’ve just turned 40 so I can feel completely free to like uncool practical stuff 🙂 Got some brasher boots I wear to work when it’s pishing down and they are dry and comfy even on a 10 hr shift – and that’s covering some miles.

midlifecrashes

Google Florsheim waterproof. Plenty of styles if you can get the right ones in the UK. US brand, don’t see them much here.

Merak

Barbour Country Brogues.

Too good for the poor.

jaylaz73

Have a look at Clarks originals, I have some wallabee outdoor boots that are smart, original, cool and very comfy for walking and wearing long hours, great leather and well made. Kickers worth a look too

lyrikal
    Free Member

Brasher mahale for something a little less formal looking

MrSmith
    Free Member

Barbour Country Brogues.

Too good for the poor.

Made in India (where all the other ‘fake’ Northampton Goodyear welted shoes are made) if you can afford it the U.K. Made shoes are a better longer lasting product.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Double post

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sorry I’m a bit late to the party!

What you need is a set of Karrimor Summit shoes. Available in several different colours/materials, but I’d say the brown leather one is what you want.

About 25 quid from ebay or sports direct if you’re in town. A real “do it all” shoe. Has been seen in Club M on a Saturday night, then up Coniston Old Man on a Sunday afternoon, and down the all weather pitch after work mid week.

A classic.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘smartish shoes that are good for walking in?’ is closed to new replies.