• This topic has 19 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by 5lab.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Smart watches – Weird
  • darthpunk
    Free Member

Are they meant to feel like you’re getting a tiny electric shock to the skin every so often?

Got a free Google Pixel watch with my new phone and every now and again it feels like an electric shock or someone pulling a hair out of my wrist. First smart watch and it’s going to be the last at this rate

Pyro

None of my Garmin watches have ever done that to me, lets put it that way…

Cougar

Ah, the old smart watch / cock ring confusion again.

(No, as a serious answer)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DickBarton

Only had Garmin watches and never had any shocks…I do have hairy wrists (hairy arms!) and I did get a couple of hair pulls initially, but only once or twice. Haven’t had that issue for a good few years now though.

Kryton57

I know a couple of people that have – over a few days – recieved what looks like a minor burn under the green “heart rate” light thingy.

Or Aliens. Does your bum feel sore?

seriousrikk

Neither of my Garmins have ever done that.

DickBarton

I think the ‘burn’ is actually sweat…I get it if I’ve upped my attempt at exercise and doing stuff daily…I do tend to sweat and just put it down to excess sweat…I probably need to remember to wash my watch as well as myself!

impatientbull

Perhaps it’s the fitness watch equivalent of a choke collar. Were you eating cake at the time?

dudeofdoom

Hmmm that would be a good selling point,if the watch gave you a slight tasering on eating too much cake 🙂

ampthill

I’m going with hair caught in strap or strap watch interface

But I’ve never owned a Garmin anything

I seem to remember a while back that some smart watches were burning people

scotroutes

I’ve never experienced this and I’m on my third Garmin. The current Fenix is normally worn around 23 hrs a day.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

It does sound odd, but a while ago I tried a polar grit x – which has electrodes on the bottom to determine skin contact I think. I had the sensation you mention and returned it. I am also the person though that finds the hr bump on the back of watches uncomfortable so am not typical I think!

dyna-ti

Misfire. Its due to go off after it gets the code from central command

footflaps

It does sound odd, but a while ago I tried a polar grit x – which has electrodes on the bottom to determine skin contact I think

It does, but the current needed to do that is absolutely minuscule, so I doubt you’d notice it – I certainly don’t.

Poopscoop

I’ve only had fitbit’s and pebbles but never had the issue you describe op.

timba
    Free Member

Static? https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/9237412?hl=en-GB
    Do balloons and fluff stick to you?

Pieface

I get phantom notifications, sometimes I think it’s about to vibrate and it’s not, probably all in the head

flannol
    Free Member

If you’ve just bought one and it’s the first time having one, you will notice it (with your described sensation) every time it juices up the optical HRM. You get used to it and after a week or so you 100% stop noticing it altogether

It’s definitely not a shock but at first I thought it was too. Probably something to do with the immediate change in power draw of the unit and it slightly vibrates? Not sure I’m not an electrical engineer

You might just be hyper sensitive (like me – hence noticing it) to any minor changes in/on the body

5lab

Try turning it off and still wearing it. That’ll eliminate electrical stuff from just hairs getting trapped

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.