• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • smart tv's – how fast does my broadband need to be ?
  • Raindog
    Free Member

I’m considering a Samsung smart TV for the living room. I can wire it to the router with some home plugs, but how slow is fast enough for things like Lovefilm etc ? I get about 4 Meg minimum.

Markie
    Free Member

In case it helps, our broadband sits at about 4.5 and BBC iPlayer through our (Panasonic Viera) smart TV is perfect. We use HomePlugs too, and there is always a gaming console / computer and generally an iPad going as well.

grum
    Free Member

Mine is around 6 and we can stream HD stuff on Netflix without problems (until we hit our bandwidth cap).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jon1973
    Free Member

I think LoveFilm recommend 2mb+ so you’ll be fine with 4mb.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

A lot faster than the one I have….. 4meg is a lot faster than mine. Use to work great before we moved to the sticks. We did however have 25meg and now get about 1.4 on a good day. No help what so ever, sorry, just wanted to moan about it.

jeff

We used to scrape by with BT Vision (standard def streaming) with a 2Mbs connection.

DrJ

Minor hijack – do any other Panasonic Viera owners find it sometimes refuses to connect to Netflix?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘smart tv's – how fast does my broadband need to be ?’ is closed to new replies.