Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Smart Trainers – Any free training software
  • sandwicheater

A hoy hoy

Was recently given a smart trainer which was nice (BKool smart go).

Have to date used a manual one and adjusted resistance by hand while watching various you tube turbo videos.

Is there any free software that will allow me to program a session, similar to a gym bike?

Going to give the Bkool 1 month free service a whirl but suspect i’ll use it infrequently.

Cheers

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve used the Rouvy app a little bit. I think it might be associated with Cycleops but seems to be able to link up with any ANT / bluetooth trainers.

It does have premium features but basic workouts and control of the trainer seem to be free.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If you have British Cycling membership, you could get 7 free days of Zwift.

Zwift in addition give you 25Km per month (which goes further on routes like Mountain 8).

There’s a new Strava challenge starting this weekend, cover 177 miles over something like two weeks for a free month of Zwift.

RGT is still in free beta I think.

ajaj
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think golden cheetah might? It was on the to do list of updates last time i used it.

TBH though for ~£6 a month just get the sufferfest.

Videos, training sessions, controlls resistance, organised into 8-12week training plans, syncs with final surge (or other calender apps) and exports to Strava, excellent customer suppourt if you cant get your equipment to work (much better than the manufacturer as theyve got your money already, sufferfest etc want you to get it working well so you’ll keep subscribing to them).

There’s a lot to be said for having a setup that does everything perfectly and just works rather than spending an hour writing out a training program in whatever free app you find. Also, I appreciate the humour of sufferfest!

sandwicheater

Cheers guys,

Off the booze until Christmas so i reckon sod it, i’ll put my two pints a week cash into a training platform.

Sufferfest look good in a hurty kind of way. Reckon I’ll try each one, sure one will feel good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Smart Trainers – Any free training software’ is closed to new replies.