Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • smart, slim and suitable for most things watch
  • marko75
    Free Member

looking for a decent watch (upto £200) to wear to work/general. Dont have huge wrists so needs to be slim fit and a face size no bigger than 40mm.

Any suggestions welcome

on previous threads seen:
    link rotaryhttp://www.rotarywatches.com/en/the-rotary-collection/rotary-watches/gs02622-06-dd

but also like

" class="bbcode-link">tissot

http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Citizen-Gents-Eco-Drive-Strap-Watch-BV1060+07E.html%5Decodrive%5B/url%5D

thanks

hammyuk
    Free Member

“Most things”… A sensible Citizen
    Have one of THESE and love my Suunto Ti Vector too

Wally

Hammyuk – I had one of those – very comfy and reliable – but the glass scratched very easily. Marko75 – search the forum – maybe it’s the Christmas season of treating oneself – but plenty of “what watch” threads.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Not a mark on mine 6yrs into ownership!
    I do have one of THESE which takes two minutes to swap

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Tissot PRC200

Get it on the leather strap. Smart, small enough, goes with anything. Shop around you’ll get one for 200.

lunge

2nd the Tissot, cracking watches. There are a few versions, black and white faces, leather and steel straps.

marko75
    Free Member

Marko75 – search the forum – maybe it’s the Christmas season of treating oneself

My wife wants to buy me a birthday present (july) – it was going to be Rapha gear but cant see to justify to myself all that expense. We did buy the Swiss military watc- it looks great but is a little on the large size

Yes there are lots of threads – but most recommend G watch which is bulky as hell or the cheaper Casio/timex/sekonda and my wife will not buy a cheap watch!

thanks for you suggestions

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Mondaine? Love mine, doesn’t feel too fragile so I don’t wear it, but still looks nice instead of being really chunky.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I second Mondaine, i prefer the black faced ones though

tron
    Free Member

If you other half wants to get sniffy about “cheap watches” she’ll need to find a lot more than £200! To be honest, watches are mainly about marketing and there’s not a lot separating a lot of expensive watches from cheap ones.

At £200, you’ve got a few options.

Mechanical watches:
    Seiko or Orient automatic – you’ll get one for £200 quite happily, and have a reliable automatic movement that’s been made in house by the watch manufacturer. Y’know, like what Rolex boast about all the time…

Quartz watches:
    Casio, Citizen and Seiko (Pulsar and Lorus are Seiko owned) make the whole lot in house. Casio did some gorgeous watches in their Oceanus range a while ago, they now seem to be focusing more on the sport market with their Edifice range. Citizen and Seiko both make a big range of nice quartz watches to suit a wide range of tastes.

Everyone else will be buying in quartz movements and putting them into their watches. If you want some element of status, I’d suggest going for the bottom end of a a relatively expensive watch firm’s range (ie, Tissot etc.) rather than the top end of a cheaper range like Rotary…

Most of the “designer” brands are made by Fossil or the Herald group, so you’re buying a product which has licensed the designers name.

Ultimately though, have a think and buy a watch that you like. Hugo Boss are doing a bit of a knock off of the IWC Portugese that looks great…

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve had one of these in titanium for the last 6 years:
    LINK
    reliable, bombproof, light and not too big. (I also have girly wrists!)
    I fancy one of these next though:
    GNARR!
    Apparently it’s a ‘small’.
    My current watch has auto-tilt back illumination but it doesn’t quite work, my next watch will have tritium tubes!

VanHalen

Anything by storm.

Bloody impractical but fun. I love my cyber one.

All those mentioned above are very boring/made for grandad.

midlifecrashes

Currently on my wrist.

It tells the time, and has a nice picture. Swatch Irony have plenty that would suit.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Mondaine? Love mine, doesn’t feel too fragile so I don’t wear it, but still looks nice instead of being really chunky.

I’m sorry?

CountZero

All those mentioned above are very boring/made for grandad.

Fashion victim alert! What are you, ten? 🙄

SnS
    Free Member

Mondaine’s seem more resilient than they might appear.

I’ve been wearing mine every day for the last 2.5 years – ( got the day / date version). It has a couple of slight scratches on the glass but it’s nothing that you notice.

The strap didnt last that long – Have just fitted it’s 3rd this very week. I had the battery replaced a couple of weeks back.
    But, as an every day watch – they’re really good !

They look good as casual wear & also look classy when wearing a suit.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I think Skagen make some very good looking watches in that range, there are a few Nixon’s that might suit if you don’t want to have to talk to people about their watches.

marko75
    Free Member

thanks for all your replies – been searching for more tissots – may have to increase the budget though!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘smart, slim and suitable for most things watch’ is closed to new replies.