Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ‘Smart’ heating in garden office
  • I’m not fussed for too many ‘smart’ things in the home, don’t feel the need for them.

However, being able to remotely control a heater in the garden office (when it’s built in a few weeks) would certainly be handy. I don’t need anything fancy costing hundreds of pounds though.

Would the best route just be to buy a hive thermostat, or something else?

Stoner
    Free Member

Something like this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Docooler-Controller-Smartphone-Temperature-Waterproof/dp/B072LYPY4S/
    can manage up to 16A so can be wired to an oil filled radiator for example.

No Wifi Bridge required.

and use the EWelink software on your android phone. Can also be integrated with Alexa or Google Home.

I have 5x Sonoff switches in the house. SOme just basic switches others as wall plates. You might find replacing a light switch for a wall plate could be useful if you forget to turn the lights off in the office for example.

The controller software can be pre programmed with timed operation as well as being remotely controlled.

TheBrick
    Free Member

What is your heat source?

If it’s simple electric oil filled rad then a WiFi controlled plug or switch.

Consider the thermostat and control separate. You could keep the standard thermostat with whatever you heat source and just add the WiFi / Bluetooth switch. Remember to spec the switch (which will have a relay or contactor in it) to be capable of switching the load of the device.

You could do the same with a zoned CH system and a 2 port NC spring return valve too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Cheers 🙄

I’m a spark, so will be sure to switch/load correctly (not sure what’s going to be on the end of it yet). I’m just well out of the domestic side of things, so wasn’t sure what was out there in terms of hardware

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘‘Smart’ heating in garden office’ is closed to new replies.