Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Smallest most compact Cree XM-L T6 1000 lumen torch
  • shredder
    Free Member

What’s the most compact torch with the above LED spec/output. Found the Yezl torch but that’s around 500 lumen thought they did one around a 1000 ?
    Thanks

bigjim

I have a fandyfire (fannyfire teehee) from DX which is very compact, but its a bit dodgy, the internal connections aren’t good and the driver makes a helluva loud high pitched buzz.

tomaso
    Free Member

The compromise with going smaller is that with out enough juice you’ll not get the 1000 lumens they are capable of. Combine that with less metal to act as a heat sink to cool the led and again you’ll get less than the led is capable of. You may be better off getting a less power hungry led that runs a little cooler if you want compact – an XPG for instance?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

These fella’s are pretty small and very bright, not sure about the claimed output but you won’t be lacking in the light department. Trouble is they are just a touch wide for an exposure joystick helmet mount. I brought some decent batteries to go with it as well as the ones that come with it are very light compared to other 18650’s and for the price something tells me that they are not exactly top notch.

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks the last one looks good had been looking at this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280870115648?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3566wt_922 which I think was mentioned on the forum a few times.
    Take on board getting better batteries any issues with the charger ?
    Thanks

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Charger seems ok, I have charged the standard batteries and the new ones with no problems or overheating although I am sure there are better out there and you will need a UK adapter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Smallest most compact Cree XM-L T6 1000 lumen torch’ is closed to new replies.