Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • smaller than recommended seatpost….?
  • alpin
    Free Member

mate has 26.8 post he wants touse in 27.2 seat tube the clamp holds. will it hold out or should he scrap the idea and stump up the cash for the correct size?

cheers

njee20
    Free Member

If he really must do it he needs to shim with something really thin, like a coke can.

It’s not a good idea though.

mboy
    Free Member

Considering my 27.2 Thomson slips a little in a frame designed for a 27.2mm post, no!

I’ve seen a 27.0 used at a push in a frame designed for a 27.2 post, the seatclamp had to be tightened loads, and it still slipped a bit. A 26.8 post will have no chance of staying where it’s supposed to!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Theres a good chance you’ll end up damaging the frame over time too. For the sake of the frame get a new seatpost. Have a look on the clasifieds, theres usually plenty of 27.2mm seatposts for sale on there.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i think merlin were doing a good deal on thomson 27.2 and 31.6 posts yesterday…

here we are: http://merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=1118&categoryId=55

splash out 🙂

shortcut

Agreed – it is definately a stupid idea you mate has. Get the right size or it will cost more in the long run. No question. This because he WILL damage the frame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘smaller than recommended seatpost….?’ is closed to new replies.