Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Smaller tent
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

I’m after some tent recommendations and struggling to find a decent website with proper recent reviews. Can’t justify or spend on a van to sleep in the back of so want to go to ride spot a night before and sleep nearby and then ride first thing in the morning and be back just after lunch. Not too fussed about weight as I’ll be getting it out of the car and setting it up then and there. Ease of putting it up single handed is important as I’ll be alone. Bit of space to roll over is preferred so not a one man tent but don’t care about stand up height. Can anyone recommend either a tent or a good website with decent reviews?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Vango banshee 200?

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the Trespass/Argos special, rapid pop up tents. £40 for a pretty decent thing, takes less then 10 minutes to set it up. I’ve used it for 24 hour race (Bontrager last year – it was “quite” wet and the tent kept the rain at bay) and few family camping outings (3 people and 1 small dog).

It’s not ideal – the way the entrance is done makes it almost impossible to not get any wet grass/mud inside, but for occasional use it is a good choice.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Cheers both. The vango looks interesting but few people have said it comes up as quite small, more a one person and gear size. I need to try it out really.

wwaswas

I was just going to suggest visiting somewhere near you with an outdoor tent display on. You can tell by this time of year which ones have survived being pitched for 4 months so buy whichever one looks about the right size.

Oce you get above the supermarket specials there’s very few ‘bad’ tents about – just look for thing like doors that let rain straight in when opened due to angle they’re at and stuff like that.

molgrips
    Free Member

Tons of two person tents all over the place. Go for a three person one if you are worried. I am a huge fan of Marmot tents.

ElShalimo

Loads of room for one, very easy to erect and quite easy to put down.
    Decathlon 2 seconds tent
    Costs buttons too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if car camping then a pop up tent for ease

Khyam ones for longevity – assuming they are still pop up

not an instant pop up but mine is over a decade old and still waterproof

swanny853

We’ve got one of the decathlon pop ups, I think the very one in the link.

Bought it for going to austria last year, after two years going round Scotland we’d got a bit tired of putting the big tent up when we were just going to sleep in it and take it down again. We took both.

The pop up was brilliant- on the way down we drove until late, found a campsite, tent up in no time and straight to the bar. Takes longer to pack your bed than the tent in the morning.

Terrible if you have to carry it anywhere though.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Cheers everyone I’ll take a look at the recommendations so far! Next will be a decent inflating mattress and sleeping bag!

molgrips
    Free Member

Go Outdoors have superb self inflating mattresses these days. We got an Outwell Dreamcatcher in double size for something like £90 (single is about £50 iirc) and it’s tremendous. I spend half my time sleeping in worse beds in hotels, seriously.

treklee
    Free Member

As above, gomoutdoors in kiddy used to have a good range outside, and a fair few in, so could be worth having a mooch around. Or the out doors shop in merry hill where kiddicare used to be.

treklee
    Free Member

As above, gomoutdoors in kiddy used to have a good range outside, and a fair few in, so could be worth having a mooch around. Or the out doors shop in merry hill where kiddicare used to be.

GolfChick
    Free Member

ahh good shout about the newish outdoors shop at Merry Hell, extreme outdoors or something like that

treklee
    Free Member

That’s the one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Smaller tent’ is closed to new replies.