Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Smaller rear trail tyres – suggestions please!
  • crashrash

Right – as I look out the window at the rain lashing down I realise it is going to be muddy again! I have a Whyte T-129 which is splendid but does have limited space tyre wise out back. In the dry I run a trail boss 2.25 which just fits. In the wet/mud I ideally want some more clearance for the chain stays. I don’t want a dedicated mud tyre as it will be for all sorts just something with decent grip/mudshedding, rolls OK and 2.2 or under. It came with a WTBNineline but that is more a dry and sunny tyre and I like something with a bit more heft! Normally run a vigilante out front.

Your expertise and suggestions greatly appreciated!

Shackleton

Maxxis Beaver 2.25 (skinny). Good wet weather all rounder.

jimmy

Wot he said ^

crashrash

does the beaver come up small then? If so it works for me!

davosaurusrex

Yes and works pretty well in all conditions, great tyre

SirHC

Bontrager XR3, Specialized Ground Control, Nobby Nic

bttb
    Free Member

On my T129S I use Hans Dampf 2.35 EVO upfront and Nobby Nic 2.25 EVO on rear.

For me its a sweet pairing and I use this set up all year round and I’m very happy as both ends are planted and give me enough feedback and confidence to push hard and grip damp roots.

scandal42
    Free Member

Just purchased a beaver today in 2.25 EXO for the same frame.

Have read it’s actually a decent all round tyre in the 2.25 guise and should be especially good through winter.

scandal42
    Free Member

Oh and if you use Tweeks you get a £5 off code when spending £30 or more (tyre is £30 at the moment)

crashrash

cheers scandal!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Smaller rear trail tyres – suggestions please!’ is closed to new replies.