Small/cheap 4x4s

Home Forum Chat Forum Small/cheap 4x4s

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Small/cheap 4x4s
  • Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

Pandas get rave reviews

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Panda

A3 Quattro

Golf 4motion

Premier Icon stevomcd
    Subscriber

Panda is a good shout actually! Loads of them around here.

Any other suggestions? (Very) second-hand, BTW.

CountZero

Suzuki Jimny

Premier Icon berryjd
    Subscriber

Had the same problem. A 4×4 which doesn’t look too much like a 4×4 was what we wanted. Try Suzuki sx4, any Subaru, Skoda yeti.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Daihatsu Terios?

I’d have a Panda though.

Premier Icon stevomcd
    Subscriber

Thinking about buying a car in the autumn. Personal run-about for someone who lives in the Alps and runs a ski-holiday business. And lives up a horrendous driveway.

So, a wee 4×4 would be perfect.

There’s the obvious wee jeepy things (Suzuki Jimny, Vitari, etc.), but what more “normal” cars come in small/cheapish/4×4?

Got a big Landy and a minibus for business stuff.

Premier Icon luffy105
    Subscriber

Stevo, you could get one of those megane 4×4’s. They’re very cheap as a bit naff but they run for ever. There is an instructor in brev who works in Val and uses it every day. Doesn’t have much good to say about it but it has lasted.

cruzcampo

Not sure if it lands in the small class, but Nissan Xtrail, its not as high as traditional 4×4’s, but still has great ground clearance, handles like a car, goes really well with 140bhp in the 2.2 diesel, 0-60 less than 10 seconds, mpg around 35-40, and even has a 2WD / 4WD switch for economy 2wd on the road, 4wd on the rough stuff.

iolo

Dacia Duster.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

I work round the Peak District, and after the last 2-3 hard winters there are lot more Jimnys about than there used to be.

Suzuki SX4 or it’s Fiat cousin, or the Ignis I think had a 4×4 version?

Premier Icon hot_fiat
    Subscriber

If yer in the alps, then +1 for a Panda or how’s about a Kangoo 4×4?

mikertroid

I’ve got an 04 Terracan up for sale. Selectable 4wd and Lo range.

5thElefant

Jeep Cherokee (old xj variant). They look big until you park them next to another 4×4. They’re really not. But they are very cheap.

valleyman

Honda HRV not small but not massive and loads about and cheap!

MrsCat has a Panda, never missed a beat in the snow in the Peaks. Only drawback is seating options and small boot. Otherwise a great little car.

allthegear

My sister-in-law has the old style Panda 4×4. It seems pretty bullet proof and has the added advantage of not being all that quick. I’ve been in her car with her before – she needs it. :-/

will

Subaru Justy.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Small/cheap 4x4s’ is closed to new replies.