Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • small women's saddle?
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

any reccommendations for small womens saddles?
    Looking for one for my 12yr old. The one on her current bike is quite short and relatively narrow (for a women’s saddle). She likes it but it will be passed down to her sister, so need a new one.

Spent lunchtime trawling most of the shops in Edinburgh and was appalled. A few women’s saddles, but all were massive sofas, nothing remotely like a useable saddle. Not a single kids / small saddle either.

moniex
    Free Member

i got some youth saddles for my boys, I think they are madison… an check if you like. they had to be ordered in though, but were only about £15 and seem decent quality.

Simone

elaineanne
    Free Member

depends on how small you mean.. girls are bigger these days arent they (not that in saying anything here ..lol
    now ive just bought a new saddle…. its a specialized Riva…. 10″ x 6″ width…..comfy too… yeah when you start looking for girl saddles i know what you mean….they are like sofas…lol

leggyblonde
    Free Member

charge ladle?

chriswilk
    Free Member

She’s only 12 and skinny as a rake, but tall.
    As an example, the last pair of jeans she bought had to be womens size 8 for the length, but the waist is still too big for her.

I was in the spec dealer in Edinburgh as I know they have a good range of saddles, but there were none in stock! That Riva sounds about right, I’ll check it out online

antigee

i presume you tried EBC? got one of their own brand for my 10yr old who is smallish

emanuel
    Free Member

a bmx saddle?not a pivotal one,the seatposts are pretty short.
    I’ve got one of those sdg dj saddles,light as well as cheap.plus a long post means you can raise it as she grows.

chriswilk
    Free Member

tried EBC – they were worse than useless, gave the excuse that they are low on stock after the sale and not got any 2012 stuff in yet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘small women's saddle?’ is closed to new replies.