Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Small things that have cheered you up slightly today
  • molgrips
    Free Member

The standard work issue phone used to be an ancient Nokia with nothing, but we were invited to spend our own cash on smartphones, what with us being mobile tech consultants and all. However just found out that the standard phone is now a very respectable budget Android. This makes me happy because I was trying to figure out how to make one of my old ones work which are either shite or broken.

What’s cheered you up today?

DezB
    Free Member

The imminent release of Rustie’s new album featuring Danny Brown and Gorgeous Children. Ti’s true! I got quite excited.

Just me I suspect.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lemonysam
    Free Member

Remembering that there was an extra pork steak in the fridge when I was making my lunch. Epic sandwiches.

grenosteve
    Free Member

The office dog (a big friendly German Sheppard/Collie cross from the unit next to our work) charged at me from across the car park with a football sized tennis ball in its mouth!

Then proceeded to not let me have the ball and just made snorting noises at me. 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

Signing the contract for our new house, it can still all fall through but it’s one step closer to completion.

bearnecessities

Overhearing a conversation between 2 colleagues today:

Person 1: “What’s their surname again?”
    Person 2: “Mustard”
    Person 1: “As in English mustard?”
    Person 2: “No, French mustard”

scaled
    Free Member

I was working till midnight last night, just because I had my head in some code.

Got to about lunchtime today, felt a bit shit so my boss just told me to go home. it worked, I suppose as i’m sat at home, working, again 😀

rumple
    Free Member

connected another mouse in the pc of someone in the office and keep moving it when he’s working ahahaha

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Just bought some Ironbridge Sausages for tea, they have streaky bacon and black pudding in them. 🙂 Looking forward to tea.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Went to the tip at lunchtime, that’s another car load of unnecessary sh1te out of my life.

Northwind

Sold my 224, got it posted today. Pays for my holiday, that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sushi!! 😆

Nom, nom, nom, nom

Defender
    Free Member

Finished the first day of a training course early, as in by 2.00pm!
    Missed the rain on the way home too :-).

fasthaggis

Ton is doing ok.

I don’t know him ,but having read his “ever been proper scared ” thread,the update made me smile.

cinnamon_girl

My daughter passed her final exam. I’m so happy for her. 8)

marky29er
    Free Member

That I’m going to bikepark wales tomorrow for the 1st time 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

I had lasagne for lunch.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Getting an appointment arranged to see a potential customer tomorrow. Its been a quiet week so far and when you’ve just started working for yourself every appointment made is a small victory in itself.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

enjoyed seeing how many names for young animals my four year old daughter now knows (quite a lot, including Kid/Goat)

Even better when she said a baby cow was a carton. 🙂

TM

geoffj

Just unloaded a pickup load of oak rings for the firewood production line.
    I’ve not swung the chainsaw in anger since before easter – it was strangely therapeutic

wwaswas

schrickvr6
    Free Member

This quick blast of awesomeness just did it for me.

http://flying-lotus.com/youre-dead/

brooess
    Free Member

Tim Vine

This bloke said to me, “I’m going to attack you with the neck of a guitar.” I said, “Is that a fret?”

🙂

binners

Someones just plonked a whole big tub of these on my desk 😀

Northwind

I saw Tim Vine last night, he didn’t do that joke. He did do a bunch of less funny jokes though, so that made up for it.

Bregante

We’re one day closer to the kids going back to school 😈

geoffj

We’re one day closer to the kids going back to school

+1

aP
    Free Member

Having a very nicely spoken lady holding my hand as a consultant carried out laser surgery on my left eye at Moorfields this afternoon, as well as Alberto the anaesthetist who held the other hand.

scaled
    Free Member

I got sent an email today, with a video of my daughter on holiday, swimming, properly 😀

ChrisL

Took a picture this morning of something that I’ll hopefully post onto the “Argh, my eye” thread when I get home.

It’s a small victory. 🙂

oldnick

I thought my elderly xp laptop had terminal dying syndrome as I kept getting ssp errors, downloaded SP3 and BOOM I can shop again 🙂

teadrinker
    Free Member

My 2 year old daughter told me on the phone today at lunch time “love you dada” for the first time 😀

That and hearing Ton is one the mend.

nicko74

Got a parking ticket in the space of about 10 minutes being parked up. Went to the parking ticket HQ and pointed out that the parking machine was broken so I couldn’t actually pay and display. They ripped up the ticket.

Noice!

onehundredthidiot

Getting a “cheers mate” from one of the kids we had mountain biking today, his care worker was impressed.

Negated by the lazy, you bloody teachers get loads of holidays, about an hour later.

carlosg
    Free Member

found out my manager is being moved to another office after next week , hopefully his replacement will do the job properly (it’s royal mail though so I won’t hold my breath)

dr_death
    Free Member

Hugely selfish, but announced my new private clinic today, which should bring in loads more work!

pedropete

Found a packet of cashew nuts at the back of the cupboard. Now munching them looking at interesting cloud formations.

LoCo
    Free Member

10 mins digging a trails during coffee break

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Small things that have cheered you up slightly today’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts