Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Small running milestone
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

you should try the sheffield percy-pud 10k, i ran it in 44mins a few years ago – and i was overtaken by the pantomime horse!

miketually
    Free Member

Once I've recovered from the Kielder 100, I'm going to try running again. Only ran a few times but managed 5km in 32 minutes of walk-run-walk-run in the spring.

I did a 10km race last year in 49:55. MV45 category.

surfer
    Free Member

Used to do the 10km steeplechase at school

I've never heard of such an event. the longest "steeplechase" event is 3k. 2k is also popular and 1500m for younger runners.

I did a 10km race last year in 49:55. MV45 category.

Well done but sub 35/34 is where its at for O45's

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Awzum 8)

"…sub 35/34 is where its at for O45's"
    I wasn't last. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

ahwiles:
    you should try the sheffield percy-pud 10k, i ran it in 44mins a few years ago – and i was overtaken by the pantomime horse!

I did this last year….pissed it down and race nearly got called off.

Things i do for a free xmas pud!

stever
    Free Member

Got some Salomon Speedcross 2s after having major issues with my Inov8 Roclites (sent them back).

What happened? I seem to remember I had a hand in recommending them …sorry they didn't work out 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Inov8 Roclites

Sorry to hear that. I love mine…running, walking or just tooling about in muddy fields when camping.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I did a 3:14 marathon last year and was comfortably beaten by Spiderman.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Steve and Jamie – bit of an odd one TBH. I've got Inov8 Mudclaws which are great and size 9 – so ordered size 9 Roclites from Wiggle (no one sold them locally). They arrived and the left shoe fitted fine, the right one was tight – which has never happened before.

A pain to send back so just hoped the right one would loosen up – it didn't and I was also getting major calf ache – literally hobbling around after each run. I got this initially with the Mudclaws but it soon wore off so I persisted. About 8-10 runs later it was getting pretty bad so I asked Wiggle if it was possible to return them – I reckon there was a sizing issue.

Anyway Wiggle took them back with a full refund – amazing! I then went to the newly opened Cotswold Leisure who have Inov8s and Salomons. Tried the Roclites in a size up but the Salomons were comfier and a wee bit lighter. They also have a bit of heel padding. Now done three runs in them and they not only grip as well/better than the Roclites, they also cause no calf pain at all. And they were in a 15% off sale too!

They also (IMO) look a bit nicer – Inov8s just look a bit geeky to my funny old eyes. And finally, I find Inov8 laces too short – they come undone a lot. The Salomons have a very handy speed lacing system.

Bit long winded but there you go!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Small running milestone’ is closed to new replies.