• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Small PSA: Transition 2016 Models Up
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Website updated with 2016 models here.

I have a fluo-green Scout on the way. Very glad it looks as rad as expected.

Interestingly, stock of Tonka Yellow Klunkers appears to be holding up just fine…

🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So the scout has s small geo update?

Just a raised BB if I’m right (which I’m probably not) and the Patrol just has a colour change.

I’ve just bought a 2015 Patrol so I’m happy it’s the same.

roverpig

It looks like new pictures but the same text, although google cache confirms that there are small changes to the geo.

Looking at the Smuggler the BB drop is reduced from 40mm to 35mm (i.e. raising the BB from a nominal 330mm to 335mm) and the chainstays (and wheelbase) increase by an insignificant 1mm. The maximum quoted tyre size is still 29×2.3 but presumably that’s a slightly more comfortable fit than on the older model.

I understand that they’ve also tweaked the shock tune, but there are no details on what that was supposed to achieve.

Looks good in orange though 🙂

everyone
    Free Member

The transam looks like great fun! I’ve got a hankering for a hardcore hardtail again and that isn’t helping.

fathomer

I really quite fancy a Scout but I prefer the old colours, oh well.

everyone – Member
    The transam looks like great fun! I’ve got a hankering for a hardcore hardtail again and that isn’t helping.

Do it, but you’ll definately need to invest in some baggies, hardcore & lycra doesn’t go when it come to bikes 😀

everyone
    Free Member

But I could be the raddest lycra lout out there! (it’ll be ages away yet, I need cash!)

drovercycles
    Free Member

One glaring ommission from there which I assume will be added in the next couple of weeks…

Bikes look great don’t they.

The Transam is awesome, I can confirm…

RickDraper
    Free Member

Must resist.

prezet
    Free Member

Was thinking about buying a Scout next year. Not keen on the colours though, so might just wait for 2017 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

august 2016 bithday present to myself

jairaj

The blog on the first page shows a picture of a carbon Patrol prototype!

Oh dear, I guess the carbon frame rumours are correct! If I start saving up now I might be able to afford one when they are finally released!

beer247
    Free Member

God damn it!

Anyone want to buy a 2015 Transition Scout, size large at a knock down price?

I really should be on an XL….

poah
    Free Member

I’m glad I got a ripcord before they changed the colour – yuk

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Small PSA: Transition 2016 Models Up’ is closed to new replies.