Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Small Man Syndrome – or have I just been tricked?
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

When I grow up I want to be like Jeremy…

TheSanityAssassin

I was like Jeremy before I grew up.

watsontony
    Free Member

jeremy can you please just tell me what your hight has to do with anything? in 2012 your hight cant really make things that difficult for your self? i mean what do you think you could do better if you was taller? why is being short such a disability in your eyes? you bang on about your hight on your website that much it gives the impression your that short you would struggle to open a door for your self.

ps. any job vaccines at the moment?

peterfile
    Free Member

ps. any job vaccines at the moment?

Speak to your GP

jeremyparnaby
    Free Member

I’m very happy with my height (and my salary). It’s just that others look down on small men and that’s just not right. They say first impressions count and that tends to favour the larger bloke. I’m out there fighting for the little guy – someone needs to. Us small ones can be legends too! Well I am anyway.

CountZero

Interesting that Ghengis Khan was only 5’1″ though.

He made up for it in other ways, though…

jojoA1
    Free Member

Oh my word. I’ve just read some of the blog by the little “homunculus” 🙄 Apparently he likes to liberally sprinkle what he thinks are ‘big’ words around. Small man syndrome indeed. Almost every entry refers to his height at some point and the vapid content smacks of a modern day ‘American Psycho’ for London in the ‘tweens’. I can just see him creaming his pants over whatever the Hoxton version of a fancy business card is…

YAWN.

DezB
    Free Member

He made up for it in other ways, though…

Big salary?

wallop

Eurgh, this Jeremy bloke sounds like a prime chough nut. There is no bigger turn off than a man talking about his salary. I can actually feel myself healing over.

On another short man note, I once had a boss who was 5′ 4″, he was awesome and definitely didn’t have short man syndrome. He laughed when I put his kid’s car booster chair in the driver’s seat 😆

dabble
    Free Member

fake

njee20
    Free Member

Shirley not real? No one’s that desperate and pathetic are they?!

TheSanityAssassin

Never underestimate the desperation of a big man in a little body.
    Although those who are only 5′ 11.5″ can often run them close in that respect…

piemonster

Advertising – what a soulless dire self important industry

jeremyparnaby
    Free Member

Oops. I see a few of you taller guys are getting prejudicial. Stop victimising us little people by using phrases like ‘small man syndrome’. You’ve never been on the receiving end of heightism. And just because I’ve made a bob or two in the corporate world and want to encourage fellow homunculi to stand up and be proud, you attack me with insults. Which is exactly why I’m out there fighting in the first place. Now why can’t we all get on? Shame

njee20
    Free Member

Few, if any, have said how tall they are, just your paranoia! I said you were desperate and pathetic, nothing about your height!

Good troll though.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Taller guy? I’m a female. I happen to ride mountain bikes. Now who’s being prejudiced?…

I don’t care about your height, or your bank balance. You sound like a berk, the rhyming slang origin of which I’m sure someone of your purported intellect will be aware…

piemonster

Good troll though.

+1, not good enough to illicit another post my lofty heights though 🙄

Tiger6791

It’s a great parody.

I’d suggest done by an agency copywritter. (grammar is too good for a CEO or a Creative)

😆

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Are Cuban heels tax deductible?

jeremyparnaby
    Free Member

Jesus jojoA1! Do girls ride mountain bikes too? As well as small blokes? I’d never have guessed the world of mountain biking had so much pent up aggression waiting to be unleashed on random targets. What started as a good laugh has degenerated into insults. I haven’t insulted anyone and won’t.

Tiger6791

This is hollythanthoughtrackworld.com!

I like it, it’s a great way of having a second persona.

igrf
    Free Member

i mean what do you think you could do better if you was taller?

Ride a 29er?

bokonon
    Free Member

Is 5’4″ short then?

It’s certainly not as short as the website makes out – it makes it look as though it’s half the height of the average UK male…

jeremyparnaby
    Free Member

Bokonon. I work in advertising. Expect a degree of exaggeration.

brooess
    Free Member

I’m not sure what the point of all this is…
    Is it about highlighting prejudice against short men, or a practical joke trying to make ad agencies look arrogant?

Onward Communications (who JP claims to be CEO of), has no website (at least that I can find which means SEO isn’t up to scratch) and apparently only him and a creative director on Linked In (no photo on either) and very few connections for senior agency people

No ad agency would go without a website – it’s a prime opportunity to show the quality of their creative and strategic thinking and showcase their client list and their best work. Equally, new business and agency reputation depend massively on networking. a CEO with 88 connections on LinkedIn doesn’t fit with agency behaviour…

allthepies
    Free Member

For an adult male, yes.

allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.onwardadvertising.co.uk/

Pretty crap site for an ad agency though if it really exists.

Tiger6791

brooess – Member
    I’m not sure what the point of all this is…
    Is it about highlighting prejudice against short men, or a practical joke trying to make ad agencies look arrogant?

Onward Communications (who JP claims to be CEO of), has no website (at least that I can find which means SEO isn’t up to scratch) and apparently only him and a creative director on Linked In (no photo on either) and very few connections for senior agency people

No ad agency would go without a website – it’s a prime opportunity to show the quality of their creative and strategic thinking and showcase their client list and their best work. Equally, new business and agency reputation depend massively on networking. a CEO with 88 connections on LinkedIn doesn’t fit with agency behaviour…

IT’S NOT REAL!

Stop worrying. 8)

jeremyparnaby
    Free Member

http://Www.onwardadvertising.co.uk. First page on Google. Our Creative Director, Sebastian Decker, is a man of few words. He designed the website. PS He doesn’t know what SEO is. He sees himself as an artist

cchris2lou

surely , the right size is when your feet touch the ground ?

aracer
    Free Member

Bokonon. I work in advertising. Expect a degree of exaggeration.

Ah – that explains the claimed salary.

jeremyparnaby
    Free Member

Tiger. We are real. Well I am anyway. Sebastian lives in an entirely different world. But so do most Creative Directors. If you’re a potential client with a big enough budget, we can meet for coffee?

Tiger6791

Jeremy, what do you reckon to this for a bit of advertising?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQM00NW8FCU[/video]

brooess
    Free Member

um. that’s not a website, it’s a virtually blank webpage. It won’t give clients any confidence in the quality of your strategic thinking, creative thinking or web/social capability. If you can’t market yourselves, how’ll you sell their brand?
    Creative Directors IME do live in the real world – usually extraordinarily talented and insightful people if a little temperamental…
    I’m really missing your point here.

Tiger6791

I’m not a client, I have no budget, sorry. 😐

jeremyparnaby
    Free Member

Tiger. It’s almost as clever as you.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Trolllol!! Why the **** do you want to work in such a horrible world as Advertising?! on that salary Id’ve quit after 6 months and found a nicer life and people to be around.

Tiger6791

Bill Hicks has thoughts on this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo[/video]

labsey
    Free Member

It’s just that others look down on small men

We have to, otherwise we wouldn’t see you.

inbred853

OP, “Please someone tell me this is some sort of media trick to make me feel the need to spread the word of his website (which has no content)? Or is he just a tool?”.

Pah!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Small Man Syndrome – or have I just been tricked?’ is closed to new replies.