Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Small gravel commuters you can actually buy
  • ninenailspete
    Free Member

My girlfriend’s looking for a small gravel bike for commuting and they’re hard to find. Does anyone have any suggestions?

She’s just changed jobs and can now ride to the hospital she works at – about 20km on road and towpath. She’ll ride once or twice a week and wants discs, tiagra or better, and mudguard mounts. New or second hand but, obviously, needs to be delivered. It’ll be well locked up at work in an out-of-the-way store round the back.

She bought a new Genesis CDA 20 for £750 which arrived yesterday with a mangled drive side dropout from transit damage. It’s going back for a refund – no more smalls available. She likes steel and is now looking at a Cotic escapade, but there’s a long wait and they’re much more expensive.

So I thought I’d ask the great hive mind. Which small gravel bikes have we missed that you can buy or pre-order at around £1k?

savoyad

Merlin Malt G2P Tiagra Gravel Bike is available in 47. Call them and they’ll patiently discuss sizing (accurately, ime).

nbt

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNRDSA1/planet-x-london-road-sram-apex-1-disc-road-bike

Add bigger tyres ( I think the’re plenty of room, it’s a gravel frame) and it’d be fine I reckon)

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Whyte Glencoe?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Does it have to be a drop bar gravel bike, or are flat bar hybrids that can handle light offroad an option?

Mister-P
    Free Member
    ninenailspete
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. She’s after drops so it’s a bit different from her hardtail and so it’ll double up for some touring and road riding.

ninenailspete
    Free Member

Good find!

djflexure

On One Free Ranger is a bit more – just built a frame up and its very nice

nwmlarge
    Free Member

how about Ribble?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Small gravel commuters you can actually buy’ is closed to new replies.